DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
The Software Development Engineer in Test provides mission critical support for our core proprietary trading systems. As a SDET, you will develop test plans and test cases for various trading platforms that are used globally by trading and research teams across the firm. We are seeking a candidate with experience working in fast-paced development environments who has a strong regression testing background and significant experience developing automated testing strategies and test cases.
- Perform automated testing of highly customizable web-based front end tools for performing trading tasks, trade monitoring, and historical charting for a variety of different trading systems
- Work with developers to understand functionality of system, determine testing priorities and develop test cases for the system
- Develop and maintain testing framework to automate the testing of this and other web-based front end applications
- Test upgrade of new versions of client software and work with production support staff to ensure consistent operation of production systems
- Provide back thisiup to other QA engineers for the testing of similar front end applications
- Work with key end users of application to understand usage and production issues to fine tune test case coverage for critical functionality while optimizing time to production
- Mentor other QA testers on GUI automation
Required Skills & Experience:
- 4+ years automating testing of web based front end platforms with Selenium Webdriver, WebdriverIO or similar
- Python scripting experience a plus
- 2+ years testing trading system applications working with futures, equities, FX, and derivative products
- Experience with Linux OS
- Experience with Docker is a plus
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- Self-motivation and intellectual curiosity; desire to continually self-improve and seek continual improvements in production support function
- High level of ownership and accountability, reliability, and strong follow through
- Ability to handle pressure and time constraints with composure
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to effectively plan and prioritize
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.