DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
As a Software Engineer on our Compliance technology team, you'll be part of a tight knit team of software engineers working closely with our UK and US Compliance Officers to make sure that our (incredibly important) regulatory requirements are fulfilled. You'll experiment with emerging technologies to monitor trading behaviors and deliver critical reporting and analytics. You’ll wrestle a mountain of data into human understandable insights.
We care deeply about preserving a respectful and diverse team culture. We believe in choosing the right tech for the job even if that means learning something new or reviving something old. We value business impact and outcomes over process and we make decisions based on data. We strive to adapt quickly as business priorities change.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Help to protect the firm and enable the business to rapidly embrace new opportunities by developing compliance solutions that scale
- Develop algorithms that identify unusual trading patterns and tease signal from the noise
- Perform real-time monitoring and surveillance of live trading
- Partner closely with internal customers to understand their needs and build intuitive self-service tools
- Learn about global financial regulations and how they apply to the markets and activity in which DRW participates
This could be a good fit if you:
- Enjoy contributing in many areas as a full-stack generalist
- Think a lot about user experience and try to understand end users’ workflows and pain points
- Think a lot about domain modeling
- Enjoy working closely with end users and have a strong customer service mindset
- Are excited to learn about financial markets, trading, etc.
- Like analyzing data
- Are curious to learn about different trading patterns
What we need on the team:
- At least 5 years of software development experience
- Strong computer science fundamentals; a degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Strong experience with Java, Python or any modern programming language
- Experience processing and extracting insights from data at scale
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Comfort working within a globally-distributed team
- Experience in some of the following a bonus:
- Functional programming
- Front-end development
- Financial Markets
- Big data technologies
- Postgres DB
- ReactJS and friends
- Cloud-native deployments: Docker and Kubernetes
- Splunk, Prometheus, Grafana
- Kafka, Spark, Flink, Presto, Apache Airflow
- NumPy, Pandas
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.