DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
Our Algorithmic Trading Team is growing and we are looking for a Junior Trader for a full time position starting April 1st 2020. As a Junior Trader, you will be responsible for supporting the development and implementation of trade-able quantitative strategies. You will be integral in the interaction between various research and trading teams and you will have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies.
You’ll feel right at home if you…
- Have a strong interest in learning about world economies and global markets.
- Have completed a bachelor’s or master’s degree in economics, finance, political science or law
- Are able to work well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to work under pressure
- Have excellent written and communication skills in English
- Enjoy detail oriented work
- Able to operate within the rules defined by the team
- Able to handle a highly variable work schedule
What you’ll be working on:
- Developing and executing trade strategies with a focus on macroeconomic data
- Conducting in depth research on macroeconomic, central bank, and market auctions
- Monitoring fundamental, geopolitical, and macroeconomic news and its impact across financial markets and how it relates to the team’s trading strategies
- Researching and analyzing trends across major market sectors
- Collaborating with various departments on the development, and implementation of trade strategies
- Maintaining various custom technologies and systems
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.