DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
Our Performance Platform team is looking for a passionate FPGA Designer/Researcher to design, optimize and maintain all cutting-edge FPGA applications that are critical to DRW's mission. You will have the opportunity to work on multiple exciting cutting-edge projects in a dynamic team dedicated to the success of DRW.
You'll feel right at home if you...
- Have strong work ethic, and drive to continue improve and learn.
- Have smarts, curiosity and a passion for technology.
- Have a bachelor’s or master's degree in the field of Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related.
- Have hardware engineering experience/knowledge, especially with FPGA
- Have 2-5 years experience in a similar role
- Have experience in RTL logic design (System Verilog/Verilog) and verification
- Have an ability and desire to learn quickly
- Have knowledge of networking protocols and technology
- Have knowledge of either XILINX or ALTERA FPGA design flow
- Have excellent communication skills in English
(And if you are a new graduate, with a degree in Comp Sci or a related field, we want to talk to you too!)
What you'll be working on:
- Architecting and implementing new FPGA applications (Design, coding, synthesis, place & route, static timing analysis, verification, documentation)
- Researching and evaluating a variety of cutting-edge FPGA hardware and technologies
- Maintaining & enhancing the existing hardware code base
- Liaising directly with software and other design teams
- Conducting lab debugging and characterization of new hardware
- Conducting research regarding latest technologies
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.