DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
Our Equity Team is looking for a dedicated Equity Research Associate. You will grow with the team and be responsible for exploring and developing actionable trade ideas through collaboration with traders and other research analysts. Furthermore, you will develop a strong understanding of the North American equity market along with its many intricacies.
What you’ll be working on…
- Generating new trade ideas within the parameters of the desk’s proprietary investment strategy
- Adjusting existing strategies in light of new fundamental, sector-specific, or macroeconomic news
- Performing comprehensive company and sector analysis to create actionable insights
- Collaborating with traders, analysts and experts to understand and build market consensus
- Establishing sell-side and industry contacts in order to augment research capabilities
You’ll feel right at home if you…
- Have a strong passion for following and learning about equity markets
- Have excellent reading comprehension and an ability to absorb large amounts of information
- Have an intellectually curious mind and a commitment to learning
- Have a positive, team-focused attitude and strong collaboration skills
- Have a self-starter mentality with a propensity to excel in fast paced environments
- Have strong multitasking abilities, along with the capacity to stay organized in a demanding work environment