DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
Our Network Services and Operations team is looking for a dedicated Network Engineer to be part of an industry leader in high performance networking. You’ll have the opportunity to work on one of the most advanced networks in the world, experiment with the latest technologies and be a pioneer in the networking industry. You’ll be part of a driven and dynamic global team, focusing on managing, improving and monitoring a global cutting edge network.
What you bring to the team:
- At least 5 years of experience supporting a large-scale complex high performance network
- Strong knowledge of Switching, Routing (BGP, OSPF) and Multicast (IGMP, PIM) protocols
- Strong knowledge of Linux
- Scripting skills in Python or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of monitoring tools such as Grafana, PRTG, SNMP, Splunk or equivalent
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- A high level of energy and a passion for creativity and innovation
- The flexibility to participate in a rotating on-call schedule including weekends
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Bonus points for:
- Experience with wireless networks and knowledge of RF principles
- Certifications such as CCNP or equivalent
As a Network Engineer for DRW, here are some of the things you’ll focus on:
- Using proprietary and industry standard monitoring and analysis tools to identify, diagnose and solve network related issues throughout our global infrastructure
- Providing operational support for our global microwave network
- Proactively identifying enhancements to existing configurations, technologies and procedures to improve performance
- Contributing to the documentation of network processes, systems and configurations
- Supporting the configuration, installation and testing of equipment, including custom hardware platforms throughout our global infrastructure
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.