DRW is a diversified, technology-led principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – growing to include real estate, cryptocurrencies, venture capital and several industry acquisitions. With more than 800 employees at our Chicago headquarters and six global offices, we work together to solve interesting problems and capture opportunities. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity, and constant collaboration, with some of the smartest, most passionate people you’ll meet.
Our Flow-Equity team is looking for an ambitious Lead Data Scientist to spearhead the creation of a state-of-the-art alpha generating platform using NLP techniques. This is a unique and highly sought after role to lead the project and team in building an ML strategy from idea generation through to full implementation, with the full backing of a highly regarded financial company. The candidate in question will experience the ever-changing conditions of the market with instant feedback loops in order to constantly evolve, adapt, and fervently pursue the team’s mandate of being best-in-class.
What you’ll be working on…
- Conducting cutting edge research to develop, implement, and perfect NLP algorithms for text/language/speech processing and sentiment analysis
- Applying quantitative techniques to large market datasets to obtain actionable insights and execute on them in real time
- Building a world-class team; striving to reach ambitious quantifiable long term goals, while presenting intermediate achievements
- Collaborating with internal Trade Execution, Data Acquisition, and Quantitative Research experts to build a next generation trading engine
- Being the subject matter expert in NLP, AI, Machine Learning within the firm; staying at the forefront of the newest technologies, prototypes, and being proactive in ML communities
- Providing expert mentorship and guidance to your peers and co-workers
You will feel right at home if you have…
- 5+ years of applied experience in and Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Expert understanding of machine learning techniques; knowledge of packages such as Tensorflow, Pytorch, Keras, Scikit Learn, Mat-plotlib, XGBoost
- Good knowledge of deep learning and more traditional machine learning algorithms
- Experience with embeddings, transfer learning, and interpretability methods
- Working knowledge of cloud computing such as AWS and Google Cloud
- Ability to build, validate, deploy and monitor iteratively advanced predictive models
- Excellent scripting and programming skills (such as Python, SQL)
- Experience in leading projects
- Have a positive, team-focused attitude and strong collaboration skills
- Have excellent written and communication skills to present complete and cohesive findings
- Experience in the financial sector with sound knowledge of investment concepts (Strong asset)
- Have the ability to produce clear, logical and convincing arguments and explain complex ideas simply
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.