DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
As a Trading Systems Engineer in our London office, you’ll have an opportunity to employ your extensive skills while helping solve complex technical problems. You’ll work closely with trading, infrastructure and software development teams to provide smooth support for our technology. We’ll ask you to communicate directly with exchanges, clearing members, and ISV’s to iron out any problems that arise. When it comes to new tech, you’ll research and evaluate new solutions to ensure we’re pushing innovative ideas to our traders and software developers. And most importantly, you’ll mentor and help raise the skills and abilities of those around you.
You will be right at home if you:
- Are a seasoned engineer with experience deploying and supporting infrastructure that host proprietary and third-party trading applications on both Windows and Linux platforms
- Are someone who thrives in high-pressure situations while working alongside traders, developers and other engineering teams supporting production trading systems
- Are tenacious in solving complex technical problems when others would have long ago waved a white flag
- Are well versed with managing external trading partners, such as financial exchanges and clearing firms, to resolve technical problems
- Have a knack for automation and scripting
- Know your way around a network, including routing and switching basics, IP addressing, connectivity troubleshooting, and topologies
- Are passionate about high quality work and relentlessly pursue continuous improvement
- Are good with people, explaining complex problems in a non-“techie” way for others to understand, both in writing and verbally
- Actively pursue personal and professional growth by learning new things
What you’ll be working on:
- Deploying and supporting Windows, Linux, and Mac OS
- Configuring, deploying and updating Linux servers.
- Superior troubleshooting skills with respect to trading systems and their interaction with the Linux operating system and network communications
- Deploying and supporting IOS and Android mobile devices
- Maintaining the health and availability of a world class trading eco-system
- Collaborating with stakeholders and other technical services teams to plan and deliver new trading technology and systems
- Responding to support requests from our traders and software engineers
- Advancing our automation and monitoring practices specific to our needs in that region of the world
- Improving our support tools and processes
- Leading many of the team’s projects, such as data center system deployments and new trade on-boarding
- Testing out new tech and exploring innovative ideas to enhance our employee’s use of technology
Words you might use to describe yourself:
- Leader – results oriented and naturally raises the game of others around them
- Pursues Excellence — goal driven, delivers with high-quality, and obsesses over finding ways to improve
- Problem Solver – considers all angles and uses sound logic and data to find a solution; can do attitude
- Intrapreneurial — inquisitive by nature, while money is important it is not your measurement, you adapt quickly and can change course without drama, and integrity is essential
- Service Focused — passion for delivering exceptional service; you want to surprise and delight your customers
- Detail Oriented — supremely well-organized with attention to detail
- Collaborative — values transparency, sharing of ideas, and works well across organizational boundaries
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.