DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
We are looking for a talented Payroll and Benefits Specialist to join our Montreal-based Human Resources team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for the day-to-day management of our HRIS and for processing semi-monthly payroll through Workday. You’ll also act as the main point of contact for both employees and external vendors regarding benefits and payroll issues, so a strong customer service approach and a strong sense of urgency are critical.
- Processing semi-monthly payroll for 150+ employees (including annual discretionary bonus payroll)
- Auditing, instituting and following tight process controls to lower the risk of error
- Implementing continuous process improvements to ensure efficiency
- Managing day-to-day functions in HRIS (Workday) for Canada; working closely with the team on continuous improvement initiatives
- Data management activities including reporting, analysis, presenting to management, and recommending solutions based on data
- Supporting accounting team with various processes and reporting requests
- Acting as the main point of contact for employee questions regarding payroll, benefits and HRIS
- Benefits program administration; identifying enhancements for benefits programs and perks
- Other projects and duties as assigned
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Human Resources or Administration, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 6 years of experience processing payroll for a business of 100 employees or more
- Experience working with an HRIS system; experience with Workday a plus
- Payroll certification and training
- Thorough understanding of local laws and tax requirements pertaining to payroll administration
- Advanced MS Excel skills required
- Experience with benefits administration including medical, dental, life, disability, RRSP, etc.
- Must be mature and discreet and have experience dealing with highly confidential information
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to identify, assess and resolve complex problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in both English and French); ability to communicate effectively at all levels in the organization
- A willingness to collaborate and assist whenever, wherever
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.