DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
Our team is looking for a passionate Python Developer to develop new and improve existing software critical to DRW's mission. You’ll work in multiple languages with emerging technologies.
You’ll feel right at home if you…
- Have a curiosity and passion for new technology
- Have an ability to solve problems creatively
- Have experience in data processing and machine learning
- Have a minimum of two years’ software development experience in Python
- Have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Are self-motivated, conscientious and hardworking
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills in English
(In addition, if you are a new graduate, with a degree in Comp Science or a related field, we want to talk to you too!)
What you’ll be working on:
- Designing and developing critical components in our automated trading system
- Applications range from web-scraping, to predictive models, interactive data exploration web tools for technical users, and rich state-of-the-art visualization
- Maintaining an ecosystem of data-driven applications and microservices, using modern technologies such as Python3, C++17, React.js, DeepLearning, TypeScript, PostgreSQL, Plot.ly, and NLP
- Building scalable and performing software with the latest technologies
- Working closely with team members and contributing to the interface design with end-users cross company throughout the process
- Working with experienced developers in testing to make high quality testable code
- Many interesting new projects which involve in-depth knowledge of computer science, puzzle solving skills, data analytics, machine learning, scientific research, innovative thinking, strategy game theory, and more!