DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With nearly 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
Our formula for success is to hire exceptional people, encourage their ideas and reward their results.
As a Trading Analyst in our London office, you will have an opportunity to combine the disciplines of risk management, research and technology to create optimal trading and investment strategies within the regulatory framework. You will work closely with experienced traders, software engineers and quantitative researchers. You will gain exposure to multiple asset classes through hands on trading experience and data analysis. Individual discovery and collaboration with fellow team members are encouraged to develop your understanding of market behavior.
What you’ll do in this role….
- Research and analyze trends across major financial markets and cultivate a thorough understanding of current world events and their impact across financial markets
- Collaborate on the research, development, and implementation of trading strategies
- Investigate the potential application of existing strategies to new asset classes
- Perform post-trade analysis of strategies while utilizing custom technology systems
- Communicate relevant news, market events, and system behaviors to team members
What you bring to the team…
- A bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD in mathematics, statistics, physics, engineering, computer science or related field
- Recent graduate to 2 years of work experience
- Advanced quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to deploy those skills during time-sensitive situations
- A deep curiosity of analyzing large data sets using your knowledge of probability and statistics
- Experience programming in Python, R, C++ or similar languages
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, VBA
- Are adaptive, self-motivated, enjoy challenges and significant responsibility, and thrive in fast-paced, competitive environments
- Can advocate for your perspectives on trading strategies and risk in a concise manner to the team
- The ability to communicate effectively and work well in teams
For more information about DRWs processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.