DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With nearly 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
The mission of the Business Software Solutions team is to help the non-technical staff of DRW find the data they need to do their jobs. We work to make data generally accessible and easy-to-use. We also work to identify technological innovations made on the trade desk and package it so that other desks can benefit.
Our primary customers are traders, trading assistants, risk managers, back-office staff, and quantitative researchers. We sometimes collaborate with software engineers in other groups on broader technology initiatives. We are responsible for a couple of large data-sharing platforms with hundreds of clients across the firm. We also offer general spreadsheet consulting services as well as small-to-medium server-side development (typically Python and C#).
- Design, develop, deploy, and maintain custom software solutions critical to the workflow of both front-office and back-office staff at DRW.
- Maintain, refactor, and enhance legacy software systems.
- Effectively elicit requirements from non-technical staff in order to solve their problems.
- Design and develop new software systems using an iterative process, with a bias toward releasing early and often.
- Provide on-call support as needed.
- Professional software engineering experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Expert in web development, especially for rapid development of small web apps.
- Experience with back-end development in C# and/or Java.
- Experience with scripting languages like Python and/or Groovy.
- B.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent degree.