DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With nearly 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and six global offices, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
Cumberland - a DRW Company is the cryptoasset arm of DRW, established in 2014 after early interest in cryptoassets and their underlying technology. Today, Cumberland is a global leader in cryptoassets, uniquely positioned between the traditional financial markets and the cryptoasset ecosystem. From our offices in Chicago, London and Singapore, we specialize in providing 24-hour institutional sized liquidity in all cryptoassets.
Cumberland is looking for an OTC Cryptoassets Trader in our Montreal office to join a team of highly talented traders and researchers in our cryptoasset trading business. As part of this team, you will be tasked with managing counterparty relationships and executing trades. This role will also provide weekend trading coverage so the regular work schedule will consist of 3 weekdays and 2 weekend days.
- Manage OTC trading flow from new and existing counterparties
- Calculate and create markets in a number of different cryptoassets
- Identify and capture trading opportunities; execute trades within defined parameters
- Communicate closely with our other offices on varying workflow initiatives and trades
- Work with a variety of internal teams (research, relationship management, operations, etc.) to ensure proper trade flow and settlement of transactions
- Help to manage and optimize our cryptoasset portfolio
- Work directly with other DRW traders and cryptoasset researchers to gain market knowledge and expertise
- Regular weekly work schedule will consist of three weekdays plus every Saturday and Sunday during the day
Required Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of OTC trading experience
- Previous screen trading experience required
- Position management experience preferred
- Previous risk management experience preferred
- Knowledge of cryptoassets and digital wallets preferred
- Strong organizational and math skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Strong initiative and a proven self-starter
Bonus Points for:
- A passion for cryptoassets and the role they play in global markets