DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With nearly 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
Cumberland - a DRW Company is the cryptoasset arm of DRW, established in 2014 after early interest in cryptoassets and their underlying technology. Today, Cumberland is a global leader in cryptoassets, uniquely positioned between the traditional financial markets and the cryptoasset ecosystem. From our offices in Chicago, London and Singapore, we provide 24-hour access to a wide array of cryptoassets while helping the crypto ecosystem grow and evolve in a responsible, sustainable way.
Candidates should have strong initiative and have proven experience independently driving projects to completion. We work from high-level requirements and programmers are expected to gain an intimate understanding of the business and work directly with traders and researchers on a daily basis.
- Work as part of our cryptoassets team to establish and maintain best-in-class software systems to enable 24-hour, Global trading operations
- Design and develop full-stack software systems including trading systems, exchange connectivity solutions, and monitoring systems
- Working in multiple languages, including Java, C++, and Python
- Testing at the unit, functional, and integration level
- Working on legacy code as well as greenfield development
- Providing on-call support as needed
- Collaborating with traders, researchers, and software engineers within our group as well as elsewhere within the organization.
- Experience designing, developing, and supporting mission-critical, high-performance applications.
- 5+ years of professional Java or C++ experience.
- 3+ years of professional script development experience, preferably Python.
- 3 + years of front-end and back-end development experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of network communication experience, including multicast and websockets
- Experience with inter-process messaging, micro-service architectures, and API design
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree