DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With nearly 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
Cumberland, DRW’s Global cryptoasset trading team, is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our team in our Singapore office. This role will be responsible for administering, supporting, and improving a technologically diverse stack used to research and trade cryptoassets across many exchanges and regions. You will work directly with developers and traders to monitor the health and utilization of Cumberland’s systems to proactively detect/resolve issues as well as develop new tools to improve all aspects of Cumberland operations. This role involves a mixture of DevOps, as well as infrastructure and applications support.
This role will work four days per week: every Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
- Work as part of our crypto-asset team to establish and maintain best-in-class technical support for production 24-hour trading operations.
- Provide support for Chicago, London, and Singapore-based cryptoasset traders and systems.
- Develop proprietary process automation and monitoring tools leveraging third-party technologies as appropriate.
- Troubleshoot and resolve trading system production incidents resulting from internal or external factors.
- Automate software configuration and deployment procedures
- Support core market connectivity and correspond with exchanges regarding trade order activity, connectivity, and other related technical support issues.
- Work interactively with DBA’s, core development, back office systems, QA Testers, Infrastructure and management teams when deploying production releases and troubleshooting technical issues.
- Prior experience supporting mission critical, high performance applications including process monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- 3+ years of script development experience, preferably Python.
- 3+ years database experience including query writing, table creation, and maintenance.
- 5+ years Linux platform support experience.
- 5+ years Windows platform support experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of network communications experience, including multicast and websockets.
- Flexibility to work a rotating shift schedule and take off-hours support calls as needs dictate.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree.
Desired Personal Characteristics:
- Self-motivated to continually expand your skillset and improve supported systems.
- Demonstrates a high level of ownership and accountability for their area of responsibility.
- Is able to handle pressure and time constraints with composure.
- Has strong organization skills, including planning, prioritization, and documentation.