Who We Are and What We Are About
Drumroll is infatuated with the WHY. Our focus is on turning often-overlooked moments into meaningful connections, in memorable and measurable ways. We started Drumroll with a vision of a new kind of agency, one that supports brands struggling to differentiate themselves through products and services alone and who can no longer reach and engage audiences through common advertising tactics. We believed then, as we do now, that the experience a customer has with a brand is an extension of that company’s values, products and services. And a great experience can create a valuable customer for life.
We are seeking a Art Director to join our talented team of creative seekers of truth. This person will work on an expanding list of premiere, fortune 500 clients. The role requires all of the responsibilities you would expect -- you will be expected to develop and execute concepts based on project briefs, present concepts to clients, revise direction and execute the final concept. It also requires a strategic thinker, who is brilliant at crafting the way a brand connects through voice definition, social campaigns, event activations and digital campaigns. Ideally this person has experience leading/mentoring other more jr designers to deliver inspired work.
As a Art Director, this person will primarily be charged executing creative based on project briefs, presenting pixel perfect executions to internal teams and clients, revising direction and executing the final deliverables---standard Art Director-esque stuff. Projects can include omni-channel campaigns, email design, web site design and production, rich media/interactive ads and other types of digital content creation. On occasion, the role may be called upon for physical experience concepting, and brand experience. This is a mid-level position.
The Art Director reports to the Creative Director and, ultimately, the Executive Creative Director.
This role works closely with our junior designers, creating a mentorship opportunity for those interested in developing team management skills.
Who You Are
Personable. Fun. Organized. Superb at time management and capable of juggling multiple projects simultaneously. You thrive in a collegial atmosphere where the good ideas come form anywhere and an Account Executive's ideas are given as much respect at the ECD’s. You aspire to concept and execute industry-leading design work. The spirit of the entrepreneur is strong in you---you take ownership of your projects and are driven by a need to leave things better than you found them. The Dim Grey hex triplet makes you giggle every time.
What You Gotta Know
- 5-7 years experience with campaign/advertising design work in a design/art direction capacity
- Prior experience with national brands delivering omnichannel campaigns
- Have worked on New Business pitches and are comfortable in concepting big ideas that win new client work
- Strong understanding of Web technologies (as they relate to creative concept development and design), interaction and experience design
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite (Mac platform), presentation tools, and standard office software packages
- Bachelor’s degree in industry relevant area or equivalent work experience
- This is a full time, on site position.
Extra Cool If You
- You have mad video and photography skills…maybe you are hobbyist now, but adding Director of Photography (DP) to your resume would be a dream come true.
- You know the technical aspect of lighting setups, post and editing and can deliver commercial quality output.
- Conceptual and campaign experience at an agency preferred
- Traditional design experience
- Experience mentoring/Managing designers in an agency environment
Backstage at Drumroll
Life at Drumroll includes a bunch of perks beyond full health, vision and dental coverage, 401k, and the standard basket of goodies. We also provide an ever evolving employee experience that includes birthdays off, Valentine’s half day to show your brand love, monthly birthday lunches, referral bonuses, Xbox and 8-bit, a stocked kitchen, and a killer view from our offices in Downtown Austin.
Salary is based on qualifications, experience and is competitive with market value for the position. If you’d like to share your salary history, that helps us get an idea of your goals and expectations, but no pressure.
Please send resume and a link to your online portfolio or samples of work. If your portfolio and credentials hit all the sweet spots, we will reach out to schedule an in person interview. Please note that only applicants that meet the requirements will be considered.
If you like what you see, but don’t meet the specifics of our current need, send us a general inquiry at firstname.lastname@example.org. We read them—honestly. We want people who dig our act, and will totally reach out if your experience fits a role we anticipate opening down the line.