Fleet Manager - Vail Area, Eagle County CO
Who We Are
Drop Mobility builds shared electric micromobility vehicles which have been deployed across multiple North American markets. Our best-in-class e-bikes, our full-stack software platform and our dedicated operations division provide mobility solutions to cities of all sizes. We will soon be deploying e-bikes in the communities of Vail, EagleVail, and Avon, and providing opportunities for a local team to help tackle our generation’s biggest challenges around climate change and mobility.
Your yen for logistics and passion for bikes makes you an ideal candidate to manage and deliver a top notch shared e-bike service to the residents and visitors of Eagle County. You are able to problem solve and pivot quickly to respond to the needs of the riders, and the bikes on the ground. You are comfortable developing efficient processes that ensure that the e-bikes are in good repair, have ample battery charge, are balanced throughout the communities, and ready to get riders to their destinations. You are a capable multi-tasker looking for an opportunity to join a startup in an industry with unlimited growth potential.
You will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the shared e-bike operations, including maintenance of the e-bikes and visiting bikes in the communities to retrieve, relocate, repair and recharge them as necessary. You will work with Drop’s centralized operations department to execute processes and feed data into improvements that can benefit not just your operations but all other Drop cities. This role is local to Eagle County and reports to a Regional Operations Manager. Success in this role will require:
- Optimizing scalable processes for managing bicycles in the field, ensuring e-bikes are available in good repair with charged batteries, and directing workshop operations.
- Identifying opportunities for improved efficiency in operations
- Managing a local operations budget and small team
- Ability to identify repair needs and perform repairs as necessary
- Developing a compelling culture of positivity and a desire to bring the best mobility solution to riders in your community
- Building logistics processes to manage spare parts inventories in both local and remote warehouses
What You Bring
- Experience in operations or logistics
- Knowledge and applied experience with bike maintenance
- Local knowledge of Eagle County and its surrounding area
- Strong planning, communication and organizational skills: daily, proactive, communication and liaising with HQ
- Exposure to warehousing, supply chain and logistics
- Passion for bikes and the outdoors
- A good driving record and the ability to lift up to 75lb
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.