Manager- Regional Operations (West), Drop Mobility
Why Drop Mobility?
Great things happen when cities are moving; cities start moving when our bikes Drop. We build the technology that unlocks the two-wheeled electrified urban revolution. After proving the value of shared electric micromobility across multiple North American markets, we are vigorously expanding to new communities with our best-in-class e-bikes, scooters, cargo bikes and our full-stack software platform. The deployment of our products enhanced by our operations expertise helps cities tackle our generation’s biggest challenges around climate change and mobility. We are transforming the face of modern cities one smiling rider at a time.
You are an experienced operations wizard with a penchant for processes who believes in the power of two wheels to make a difference. You are in tune with the need to build relationships at all levels of your work. You are a team builder with an eye for talent and an ability to enable the people around you to bring their best. You thrive in a start-up world where you can help drive the direction of a fast-growing company. You are a problem solver and your nimble approach allows you to succeed in an environment that changes by the day.
You will be responsible for operations execution across multiple markets within your region in the US, where Drop will either partner with a local operator or deploy a full-service operation to deliver first class rider experiences. Your initial focus will be on successfully launching systems across cities which may include building teams in markets where Drop operates directly. Post launch, your focus will shift to providing ongoing operational excellence by managing or supporting local teams and liaising with other regional managers and the national director. Key responsibilities and opportunities include:
- Planning and building ground ops systems from scratch
- Leading a team of local operations managers in our full-service markets
- Creating & optimizing scalable processes by aligning with city teams
- Ensuring said processes are implemented within our city teams, and supporting our operating partners in their own implementations
- Understanding existing strategies and identifying opportunities for improved efficiency
- Receiving feedback from ground teams and customers, and interpreting, prioritizing, and communicating it to centralized operations
- Contributing to the creation of solutions at the product level (software and hardware)
- Identifying operational weaknesses by regularly analyzing performance data
- Developing strong relationships with other regions and internal teams in order to foster collaboration and optimize output
- Developing a compelling culture of positivity and a desire to bring the best mobility solution to riders and operations teams in each city
- Regular travel to local operations centres in addition to remote work
- Working directly with partners in operations, nonprofits, municipalities and governments
What You Bring
- 3+ years combined experience in consulting and/or operations, ideally in a startup or similar environment
- B.A/B.S or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of the shared micromobilty operations and bike share landscape
- An understanding of municipal structures, non-profit organizations and transit agencies
- Strong planning, communication and organizational skills: daily, proactive, communication, coaching and liaising with both HQ and external parties
- Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment
- Data analysis skills (experience with Excel, Airtable, SQL, etc). Comfortable learning and adapting to new concepts and using new tools
- Experience building relationships with trade partners and managing stakeholders
- Exposure to warehousing, supply chain and logistics
- Experience as a team manager
- Passion for bikes and the outdoors
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.