Who We Are
Drop Mobility builds shared electric micromobility vehicles which have been deployed across multiple North American markets. Our best-in-class e-bikes, our full-stack software platform and our dedicated operations division provide mobility solutions to cities of all sizes. We will soon be deploying e-bikes in Rialto and providing opportunities for a local team to help tackle our generation’s biggest challenges around climate change and mobility.
Your experience in fleet management and passion for bikes makes you an ideal candidate to lead a small team of field and workshop technicians in delivering top notch shared e-bike services to the residents and visitors of Rialto. You are able to problem solve and pivot quickly to respond to the needs of your team, the riders, and the bikes on the ground. You are comfortable analyzing data and developing processes that ensure that the e-bikes are in good repair, have ample battery charge, balanced throughout the city, and ready to get riders to their destinations. You are open to some travel and are looking for a management role in a startup environment with career growth opportunity.
You will be responsible for shared e-bike operations execution in the City of Rialto. You will build and manage a local team to ensure maximum bicycle availability, and will work with centralized operations department to execute processes and feed data into improvements that can benefit not just your operations but all other Drop cities. This role is local to Rialto and reports to a Regional Operations Manager for California. Success in this role will require:
- Building and managing your local operations team (fleet operators and mechanics)
- Creating & optimizing scalable processes for managing bicycles in the field, ensuring e-bikes are available in good repair with charged batteries, and directing workshop operations.
- Measuring performance against KPIs to achieve operational targets
- Identifying opportunities for improved efficiency in operations
- Creating and managing a local operations budget
- Working with operations managers in other cities to communicate best practices and influence the creation of centralized processes
- Developing a compelling culture of positivity and a desire to bring the best mobility solution to riders and operations teams in your city
- Identifying operational weaknesses by regularly analyzing performance data
- Working directly with partners in equity, non profits, municipal governments, transit agencies and local businesses
- Building logistics processes to manage spare parts inventories in both local and remote warehouses
- Building relationships with community groups, local organizations and citizens of Rialto
What You Bring
- 3+ years combined experience in operations
- B.A/B.S or equivalent
- Local knowledge of Rialto and its surrounding area
- Knowledge of the shared micromobilty operations and bike share landscape
- An understanding of municipal structures, nn-profit organizations and transit agencies
- Strong planning, communication and organizational skills: daily, proactive, communication, coaching and liaising with both HQ and external parties
- Data analysis skills (experience with Excel, Google Sheets, etc). Comfortable learning and adapting to new concepts and using new tools
- Exposure to warehousing, supply chain and logistics
- Experience as a team manager
- Passion for bikes and the outdoors
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.