Manager- Business Development
Why Drop Mobility?
Great things happen when cities are moving; cities start moving when our bikes Drop. We build the technology that unlocks the two-wheeled electrified urban revolution. After proving the value of shared electric micromobility across multiple North American markets, we are vigorously expanding to new communities with our best-in-class e-bikes, our full-stack software platform and our dedicated operations division. The deployment of our products helps cities and towns tackle our generation’s biggest challenges around climate change and mobility. We are changing the face of modern cities one smiling rider at a time.
We are looking for a talented business development manager to join our team and help us achieve ambitious growth objectives.
- Work with senior leadership to develop strategy to identify new partners and opportunities
- Develop, build out, and manage multiple BD channels
- Execute on new business, from initial introduction all the way through contract negotiations
- Operate CRM system for managing global partnerships and relationships across multiple channels
- Research and build out a database of municipal and campus leads
- Communicate the Drop value proposition to municipalities and partners
- Form and manage authentic relationships with partners and key stakeholders
- Travel to partner cities and campuses to foster relationships and evangelize Drop
- Create playbooks around effective sales funnels across each channel to fuel growth
- As business grows, opportunity to hire and manage a sales team
What you bring
- You have 5+ years of experience in sales, business development, and/or government relations, in a highly competitive and growth-focused environment
- You are based anywhere in the US, and you love to travel
- Previous experience in transportation, micro mobility, and technology sectors preferred
- You have a track record of managing business development and have led a team to acquire a large amount of new business
- You are a people person and enjoy forming and managing relationships
- You thrive in a fast paced, high-growth environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication, able to articulate value propositions and make presentations
- You enjoy biking as a form of transportation and/or recreation and have an interest in micro mobility
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.