Who We Are
Drop is a data-driven product design company built by and for enthusiasts. Founded in San Francisco in 2012, Drop is home to 7 million members across the globe who actively inform our product design engine. Drop combines deep industry expertise, community insights, and rich data signals to help create high-quality Mechanical Keyboard and Audiophile products that exceed the expectations of our communities. Join the community at Drop.com.
About the Role
Drop is looking for a Copywriter to provide ongoing copywriting work for various Drop marketing projects including product, social and email copy. We’re a fast-growing, fast-paced e-commerce startup, and our members are our first priority. The Copywriter will work closely with the Creative team and report directly to our Art Director.
This is a part-time contractor position for 10-20 hours per week with the potential to become a more permanent role.
Drop is a distributed workplace which means none of us work out of an office. We’re looking to expand beyond our San Francisco-based team to include great remote talent located anywhere in the US or Canada.
- Provide compelling copy for projects including: product pages, email, growth marketing and other materials.
- Communicate complicated technical topics in clear, concise & compelling ways to a both a non-technical audience & our highly technical enthusiast base
- Providing feedback and editing other team members’ work and helping to update the company’s style guide.
- Work collaboratively within a cross-functional team environment with art director, marketing, engineers, strategists, and product managers
- Work autonomously, with little hand-holding
- Create original, breakthrough work within established brand guidelines
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, creative writing, or another field that requires consistent writing
- 5+ years of professional experience writing copy in an in-house Creative department or comparable creative agency
- Experience writing copy in the consumer electronics space is a plus.
To apply, send us your resume and 2-3 relevant writing samples.
Find and follow your passions on drop.com and the Drop app for iPhone and Android smartphones. You can also connect with @drop on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Funded by KPCB, First Round Capital, Mayfield 50, and August Capital.
Drop is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.