Drop (formerly Massdrop) is designing products differently. By tapping into data and insights from uniquely passionate people and applying them to our curated selections and exclusive designs, we deliver inventive products that fuel a variety of interests. Founded in 2012, Drop empowers people around the world to discover new, diverse products every day; participate in product development; and learn and share with a community 7 million strong.
Product Manager Audiophile (Consumer Electronics)
At Drop we provide community driven, enthusiast authenticated product design.
The ability to bring your personal interests and passions to the role providing a unique immersive perspective to research….. what inspires you can inspire the community.
The Product Manager Audiophile will lead us in defining and managing the Audiophile portfolio, through community engagement, tactical foresight and experience to develop roadmaps, identify market shifts, forecast planning and effective product positioning. The Product Manager Audiophile should have a demonstrated ability to create and defend compelling points of view, using this to inform solutions and future development, validating throughout the process from idea to implementation. This role will report directly to the VP of Product working closely with Product and Project Managers, Product Realization, Design and Marketing/Creative to further strategic cross functional focus and innovation.
This is a remote position and may be based anywhere in the United States or Canada.
- Define mandates to inform product scope and design.
- Clear communication / translation of market needs, community mandates, qualifying a strong sense of trend to preemptively address portfolio and product vision
- Organize, conduct, analyze and document market research and community insights into actionable strategies and concepts, for product and portfolio development
- Working directly within the community with members and experts through forums and direct communication to establish relevant and well-defined context for strategies for driving brand, product and design
- Build audiophile portfolio road maps, long range plans, forecasts to create path for reaching fiscal goals
- Work closely with project management team to establish project budgets
- Take part in design and prototype reviews, confirming and validating all mandates and criteria are met
- Build healthy relationships with product realization team and contract manufacturers
- Plan, coordinate, and implement production schedules to meet forecasts
- Create an efficient infrastructures for collaboration process
- Launch support and management of product discussions, providing direction, focus and assets as needed to cross functional teams
- 5-7 years experience developing consumer electronics products. Equivalent experience in mechanical engineering, molding, electrical engineering a plus
- Deep understanding and knowledge of audiophile products in the categories of high end headphones, IEMs, amplifiers, DACs and desktop and multi. room systems
- Experience bringing products to market, high level portfolio management experience
- Experience working with overseas manufacturing and deep understanding of process timelines and the realities of project planning
- Strong interpersonal skills working communicating and collaborating with cross functional teams
- Deep engagement and knowledge of enthusiast groups, particularly in the audiophile space
- Demonstrated expertise in extracting a big idea from several voices
- Solid analytical skills with an ability to gather, analyze, and quickly evaluate information to objectively craft and support recommendations from research and enthusiast experience
- Worked closely and strategically with BD teams, experience working with and steward of established brands and collaborators
- A Development background and a fluency in design language is a plus
Find and follow your passions on drop.com and the Drop app for iPhone and Android smartphones. You can also connect with @drop on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Funded by KPCB, First Round Capital, Mayfield 50, and August Capital.
Drop is a distributed workplace which means none of us work out of an office. The majority or our team works out of the Bay Area & our Taiwan office, but we’re growing to include remote roles across the United States and Canada.
Drop is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.