Who We Are
Drop (formerly Massdrop) is designing products differently. By tapping into data and insights from uniquely passionate people and applying them to our curated selections and exclusive designs, we deliver inventive products that fuel a variety of interests. Founded in 2012, Drop empowers people around the world to discover new, diverse products every day; participate in product development; and learn and share with a community 7 million strong.
Passion leads here.
Find and follow your passions on drop.com and the Drop app for iPhone and Android smartphones. You can also connect with @drop on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Funded by KPCB, First Round Capital, Mayfield 50, and August Capital.
About the Team
Drop is a distributed workplace which means we don’t work out of a physical office. We’re looking to expand beyond our San Francisco-based team to include great remote talent located anywhere in the US or Canada.
The finance department plays an essential role in the company, providing financial information and insight into all business areas. The team is not only focused on accounting and finance, but also on increasing operational efficiencies, and partnering with other departments in the organization to continuously improve processes. The team is responsible for recording all financial transactions, processing vendor payments, calculating and remitting taxes, and producing external and internal reports.
About the Role
We are seeking a highly motivated Junior Accountant to join our finance department, reporting directly to the Senior Accountant and working closely with the Senior Accounting Manager and the rest of the Finance Team. This is a hands-on role responsible for all general accounting functions and will serve as a key contributor in a fast paced environment. This individual will be responsible for operational accounting and general bookkeeping, and helping with month close and accounts payable.
- Perform accounts payable functions including coding invoices to the correct GL and processing payments; review and approve employee expense reports
- Support monthly close process; complete monthly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance including but not limited to bank, credit card, fixed assets, prepaids, and sales tax reconciliations
- Prepare journal entries and post daily GL entries; monitor daily bank activity
- Assist other members of the accounting team in vendor payment maintenance, resolution, and communication
- Work cross-functionally and respond to requests and questions related to AP
- Analyze financial statements for discrepancies, fluctuations, and other issues that should be brought to attention
- Assist with accounting and data entry functions to support the accounting team as assigned
- Assist with ad hoc requests and projects as needed
- BS in Business/Accounting/Finance
- 1+ year of related experience
- Ability to function well in a team-oriented, high-energy and continuously developing environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Action-oriented individual, proactive and has a strong work ethic
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task, and work independently
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Able to work remote
Not Required, but nice to have:
- Background with NetSuite, Expensify, Zendesk, Asana
- Start-up and e-commerce experience
Drop is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.