Who We Are
Drop (formerly Massdrop) is designing products differently. By tapping into data and insights from uniquely passionate people and applying them to our curated selections and exclusive designs, we deliver inventive products that fuel a variety of interests. Founded in 2012, Drop empowers people around the world to discover new, diverse products every day; participate in product development; and learn and share with a community 7 million strong. Passion leads here.
Drop’s Product team is a small, fast-moving team dedicated to fundamentally changing the way enthusiast communities buy and interact online.We’re seeking a Senior Product Manager to help us drive key strategic growth efforts and product features at Drop. This role reports directly to the Head of Product, and is responsible for leveling up all aspects of our platform. Focus areas will range from developing growth features for channel optimization, supporting the mobile roadmap, and helping to define software tools to collect community input to drive new physical product development at Drop. This role provides opportunities to develop original ideas, approaches, and solutions in a competitive and ever-changing business climate.
The product management team at Drop drives product vision, feature design and prioritization, customer and business insights, and strategic planning. This role works closely with engineering, design and marketing leaders (including founders and CEO) to develop community-centric features.
Drop is a distributed workplace which means none of us work out of an office. We’re looking to expand beyond our San Francisco-based team to include great remote talent located anywhere in the US or Canada.
- Explore and support new and exciting solutions that will resonate with our customers. You must have a good understanding of the competitive eCommerce environment, be able to identify leading/trending ideas and communicate your findings effectively.
- Build sound business cases based on in-depth data analysis, demonstrate how that analysis impacts key product metrics, and define features to be incorporated into the design of the Drop’s web product.
- Responsible for the full product lifecycle, from writing specifications, guiding feature development and A/B testing to working across multi-disciplinary teams: engineering, design, creative, and marketing.
- Exhibit sound product judgment, ability to formulate product strategy and present clear measurable objectives that will delight our community members and drive our business goals.
- 2-3+ years of experience in product management (consumer web or mobile app development or experience with social network or ecommerce startups a plus)
- BA/BS degree in math, science or engineering
- Demonstrated skills in developing product roadmaps & functions, specifications, launching new products, conducting customer research, and facilitating user testing
- Ability to create wire-frames, product specifications and white papers
- Exceptional data analysis skills, including SQL self-sufficiency (strong familiarity, not necessarily expert level)
- Strong project management & organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple high complexity projects
- Must be a self-starter, a team player and driven
Drop is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Find and follow your passions on drop.com and the Drop app for iPhone and Android smartphones. You can also connect with @drop on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Funded by KPCB, First Round Capital, Mayfield 50, and August Capital.