Who We Are
Drop designs and manufactures enthusiast products, to enthusiast specifications, for mainstream use. By tapping into data and insights from uniquely passionate people and applying them to our curated selections and exclusive designs, we deliver inventive products that fuel a variety of interests. Founded in 2012, Drop empowers people around the world to discover new, diverse products every day; participate in product development; and learn and share with a community 7 million strong.
Passion leads here.
Sr Director, Product Realization
Drop is looking for someone to lead our Product Realization team as we scale from producing 10,000s of units to 100,000s of units, while introducing dozens of new products. This role will oversee all people, processes and equipment in the Product Engineering, Manufacturing, and Supply Chain Management departments, with a major emphasis on scaling up operations. This role will be based in Taiwan, where the majority of our Product Realization team operates.
Beyond scaling our production, the Sr Director will be responsible for growing and developing a driven Product Realization management team that reflects Drop’s overall values and priorities. The ideal candidate will have experience building management layers, developing leaders on the team, and future organizational planning as we scale.
Here's what you'll do as part of the team:
- Ensure production and delivery of the highest quality products at the lowest costs, consistent with customer requirements, company priorities, and profit objectives.
- Laser focus on delivering strong product unit economics through the development of key performance indicators (KPIs) and manufacturing objectives.
- Build out the management levels of Product Realization, Product Engineering (EE/ME/FW), Supply Chain, and Manufacturing.
- Transitioning our contract-based Engineering operations to an in-house Engineering team.
- Scale the Supply Chain team to ensure an in-stock position for all critical components.
- Scale the Manufacturing team to ensure our CM partnerships are strong and production dates are met.
- Partner with revenue, finance and product development to develop and lead the business to ensure timely product delivery and profitable growth.
- Communicate with senior management on production, metrics, and team performance
- Manage the Product Realization budget including P&L, SG&A, Capex, etc.
And these are the skills and experience you'll need to be successful:
- 10+ years of experience scaling up and leading Manufacturing teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Mandarin and English.
- Experience scaling quality-focused C manufacturing from 0-10,000 units to 100,000+ units.
- Experience managing mechanical, electrical, and firmware engineering teams producing products with lifetime production over 100,000 units.
- Strong financial acumen working with budgets in excess of $50M or more.
- Proven experience and track record regarding process development and improvement of complex manufacturing systems.
- Previous experience in manufacturing hardware, electronics, or consumer products.
Find and follow your passions on drop.com and the Drop app for iPhone and Android smartphones. You can also connect with @drop on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Funded by KPCB, First Round Capital, Mayfield 50, and August Capital.
Drop is a distributed workplace which means none of us work out of an office. The majority or our team works out of the Bay Area but we’re growing to include remote roles across the United States and Canada.
Drop is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.