Who We Are
Drop (formerly Massdrop) is designing products differently. By tapping into data and insights from uniquely passionate people and applying them to our curated selections and exclusive designs, we deliver inventive products that fuel a variety of interests. Founded in 2012, Drop empowers people around the world to discover new, diverse products every day; participate in product development; and learn and share with a community 7 million strong.
Passion leads here.
Find and follow your passions on drop.com and the Drop app for iPhone and Android smartphones. You can also connect with @drop on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Funded by KPCB, First Round Capital, Mayfield 50, and August Capital.
About the Operations team at Drop
As the Purchasing Associate, you will drive purchasing activities cross-functionally with teams including finance, logistics, and manufacturing teams. You’ll be responsible for placing purchase orders for Drop-made products, reporting on inbound inventory which is critical to product launch decision making, and managing order fulfillment from US and international warehouses. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, detail-oriented individual who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
We are expanding beyond our San Francisco-based team to include great remote talent located anywhere in North America. While our team is mostly co-located, we have a solid set of processes and tools to enable fully remote contributors. Periodically we’ll also arrange for you to visit the SF office to meet and work with everyone in-person!
- Ensure the team places purchase orders daily
- Monitor all responses to vendors daily, ensure their satisfaction, and propose training plan for agents
- Assist associate purchasing agents with escalations
- Work with accounting to close purchase orders monthly
- Enter and manage Drop’s item master to identify inventory status
- Work with marketplace and logistics managers to coordinate the movement of inventory globally
- Report on late orders/purchase orders past the expected ship date monthly
- Create and maintain documentation for the Purchasing process in Zendesk
- Strong project management & organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple high complexity projects
- Ability to function well in a team-oriented, high-energy and continuously developing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task, and work independently
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
Not Required, but nice to have:
- 1 year of operations or logistics experience
- Background with NetSuite, Zendesk, Asana, SQL
- Start-up and e-commerce experience
Drop is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.