Who We Are
Drop (formerly Massdrop) is designing products differently. By tapping into data and insights from uniquely passionate people and applying them to our curated selections and exclusive designs, we deliver inventive products that fuel a variety of interests. Founded in 2012, Drop empowers people around the world to discover new, diverse products every day; participate in product development; and learn and share with a community 7 million strong.
Passion leads here.
Find and follow your passions on drop.com and the Drop app for iPhone and Android smartphones. You can also connect with @drop on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Funded by KPCB, First Round Capital, Mayfield, and August Capital.
About the Role
Drop is looking for an enthusiastic and process-oriented Human Resources Generalist to oversee human resources functions, including management of the employee lifecycle, benefits, and payroll at the company.
The ideal candidate for this role will maintain an uncompromising commitment to operational excellence and execution. Confidentiality is key to this role, as it will have access to employee data and metrics.
This role will be based in our office in San Francisco, CA and will report directly to the VP of People & Culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage employee onboarding, payroll review, benefits administration, and offboarding.
- Maintain all employment and payroll records
- Advise management staff on all personnel matters and recommend appropriate course of action
- Coach and train managers in their communication, feedback, recognition, and interaction with their direct reports
- Update and administer human resource policies and procedures, including Employee Handbook
- Assure the organization is compliant with all applicable state and federal laws, rules and policies
- Maintain and organize employee facing resources – ensuring forms, policies and resources are up-to-date and easily accessible by employees
- Partner with Talent to find opportunities to attract, develop and retain people to achieve their fullest potential
Required Skills & Abilities:
- 1-3 years of human resource experience, preferably in a startup or tech environment
- Ability to use sound judgment and discretion while maintaining the highest level of confidentiality
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills
- Knowledge of HR policies, procedures, compliance and practices and experience in developing, executing and maintaining HR projects and programs.
- Effective verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills as well as excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Able to manage workflow, with minimal oversight, in a fast-paced environment with multiple and sometimes changing priorities.
Drop is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.