Who We Are
Drop (formerly Massdrop) is designing products differently. By tapping into data and insights from uniquely passionate people and applying them to our curated selections and exclusive designs, we deliver inventive products that fuel a variety of interests. Founded in 2012, Drop empowers people around the world to discover new, diverse products every day; participate in product development; and learn and share with a community 7 million strong.
Passion leads here.
Find and follow your passions on drop.com and the Drop app for iPhone and Android smartphones. You can also connect with @drop on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Funded by KPCB, First Round Capital, Mayfield, and August Capital.
About the Product Development team at Drop
The ability to bring your personal interests and passions to the role providing a unique perspective to research and community engagement….. what inspires you, can inspire the community.
The Community Lead will accumulate and decipher data in order to engage in forum discussions to identify what we are doing well, what the community needs, and what should be the next steps. We are looking for someone who recognizes that this role is critical to the development and launching of Drop products. This role is at the heart of the company and crucial to the product’s DNA.
- Lead community engagements through forums and direct communication to establish relevant, well-defined context for strategies in order to drive brand, product and design.
- Organize, conduct, analyze and document market research to create strategies for product development.
- Conduct presentations to provide recommendations for product portfolios that consists of informing project and brand direction.
- Work with CPM’s, industrial designers, and product developers throughout the creation process with the intent of telling a compelling story to established communities and new members.
- Assist CPM’s with project proposals consisting of overall strategy and assortment, community mandate, mandate evidence, product hypothesis, mandate critical features, and support of critical experiences.
- Inspire others to test assumptions in order to create plans for scalable growth using community insights.
- Support the creative and marketing teams to help drive the community vision.
- Post mortem project reviews as it relates to community feedback and review.
- Experience with strategy consulting, product design, brand management, and business development.
- Deep engagement and knowledge of enthusiast groups.
- Fluent in protocols and interaction within word-based forums.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and visual communication skills, with a particular emphasis on impactful storytelling.
- Demonstrated expertise in extracting a big idea from several voices.
- Solid analytical skills with an ability to gather, analyze, and quickly evaluate information to objectively craft and support recommendations from research and enthusiast experience.
- Collaborator with a readiness to work with diverse groups.
- Strong understanding, passion, and interest in product and design.
Drop is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.