Who We Are
Drop (formerly Massdrop) is designing products differently. By tapping into data and insights from uniquely passionate people and applying them to our curated selections and exclusive designs, we deliver inventive products that fuel a variety of interests. Founded in 2012, Drop empowers people around the world to discover new, diverse products every day; participate in product development; and learn and share with a community 7 million strong.
Passion leads here.
Find and follow your passions on drop.com and the Drop app for iPhone and Android smartphones. You can also connect with @drop on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Funded by KPCB, First Round Capital, Mayfield 50, and August Capital.
About the Finance team at Drop
The finance department plays an essential role in the company, providing financial information and insight into all business areas. The team is not only focused on accounting and finance, but also on increasing operational efficiencies, partnering with other departments in the organization to continuously improve processes.
We are seeking a highly motivated Accountant to join our finance department, reporting directly to the Accounting Manager. This is a hands-on role responsible for all general accounting functions and will serve as a key contributor in a fast paced environment. This individual will be working cross-functionally in order to drive system enhancements while taking on ad-hoc responsibilities and projects.
- Prepare accurate, timely financial statements in accordance to GAAP and within our established close schedule
- Complete monthly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
- Analyze financial statements for discrepancies, fluctuations, and other issues that should be brought to attention
- Maintain daily operational accounting activities and oversee sales tax
- Review all invoices, coding, and payments
- Assist other members of the accounting team in vendor payment maintenance, resolution, and communication
- Participate in audits; assist with requests from investors, tax agencies, 3rd parties, and auditors
- Work with the Accounting Manager to improve financial procedures; develop and document processes and accounting policies to strengthen internal controls
- BS in Business/Accounting/Finance
- 1+ years experience in public accounting
- CPA is a plus, but not required
- Ability to function well in a team-oriented, high-energy and continuously developing environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Action-oriented individual, proactive and has a strong work ethic
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task, and work independently
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Must be able to work out of our San Francisco office
Not Required, but nice to have:
- Background with NetSuite, Expensify, Zendesk, Asana, SQL
- Start-up and e-commerce experience
Drop is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.