Who We Are
Drop (formerly Massdrop) is designing products differently. By tapping into data and insights from uniquely passionate people and applying them to our curated selections and exclusive designs, we deliver inventive products that fuel a variety of interests. Founded in 2012, Drop empowers people around the world to discover new, diverse products every day; participate in product development; and learn and share with a community 7 million strong.
Passion leads here.
Find and follow your passions on drop.com and the Drop app for iPhone and Android smartphones. You can also connect with @drop on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Funded by KPCB, First Round Capital, Mayfield 50, and August Capital.
About the Product team at Drop
Drop is searching for a skilled and curious professional with a growth mindset to be our next Product Designer! You’ll be responsible for designing elegant solutions that balance user and business goals. The ideal candidate practices a user-centric design process, has a solid knowledge of usability best practices, and possesses superior visual design skills.
In this role, you will work in interdisciplinary teams providing design direction and guidance from concept to implementation. You will be crucial in helping shape how current and future Drop members experience our enthusiast community across multiple platforms. Our Product Designer will report directly to our Director of Product and work closely with the Product, Engineering, Marketing and Commerce teams.
*NOTE*: To apply for this role you must be living in the San Francisco Bay-Silicon Valley region.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering teams to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals, and user experience
- Utilize data and user research to inform your design decisions
- Communicate thinking with Developers and the Product team to determine the impact on each project’s goals
- Employ a design process encompassing research, user flows, information architecture, wire-framing, prototyping, user testing and spec hand-off
- Manage the construction of visual hierarchies, typography, spacing, and color.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to our Junior Designer
- 3+ years of UI/UX Design experience (preferably with commerce or social sites)
- Experience with Sketch, InVision, and A/B testing
- Responsive web design experience across Mobile, and Native platforms
- A demonstration of your thought and design process in your Portfolio
- Creative, proactive, and results-oriented - we are looking for drivers of change!
- B2C experience in a start-up environment is a plus, but not required
Drop is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.