Title: Senior UI Developer
At Droit, we build mission-critical, breakthrough products to advance global regulatory compliance and real-time controls. We are pioneers in computational law and automating intelligent decision making. We see the complexity of rules and regulations as an opportunity. With our award-winning, patented platform, we help our clients systematically identify the right action and improve operational efficiencies in an ever-changing regulatory environment.
We value intellectually curious, creative people who enjoy solving challenging, interesting problems and building breakthrough products. Our culture and organizational model encourage accountability, collaboration and personal development.
About this role:
Software engineers take holistic and collaborative approaches to solving the firm's core business problems. They don’t just write and review code - engineers are responsible for architecting and designing the infrastructure involved with any given project/deliverable and are also responsible for communicating these decisions effectively and clearly.
As Droit’s product offering grows, we’re looking for a talented UI Engineer to scale our web applications offering. You will report to the VP of Engineering and collaborate closely with our Lead UI Developers and our Development, User Experience, and Product teams. This role is essential to delivering efficient, user-centric digital experiences to our team members and clients. Your primary responsibility will be to develop high-performance web applications while actively contributing to enhancing our design system. Collaborating closely with other engineers, you'll ensure our solutions are architecturally sound and meet technical challenges head-on. You will play a pivotal role in optimizing our tech stack, diving deep into front-end technologies, and pioneering the development of efficient and scalable systems.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Establish strong relationships with clients at all levels of their organization and ensure that they receive exceptional service and support.
- Understand clients' goals and objectives and develop strategies to help them achieve those goals, including gathering feedback to inform further product development.
- Build an in-depth understanding of Droit’s products and services and provide technical expertise and BAU production support to customers.
- Provide expert guidance to client in how to use Droit products to prevent possible issues and provide guidance when issues do occur.
- Collaborate and coordinate with internal teams to resolve issues and improve client satisfaction.
- Plan and manage the delivery of on-prem and cloud deployed products, upgrades, and enhancements to clients.
- Act as a liaison between clients and Droit's Business and Product Development teams, provide insights on emerging trends, cross-selling and upselling opportunities for products and services to customers.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures to improve the client experience and ensure successful product or service delivery.
Projects we're working on:
- Business logic and APIs for our core decision engine
- Functional-reactive web applications and UIs
- Domain-specific languages and compilers
- Parsing laws from heterogeneous sources
- Collaborating with our Knowledge Engineering team to research and design new product lines
What we are looking for:
- A high degree of curiosity with the ability to ask thoughtful questions and solve challenging problems.
- The capacity to envision a variety of solutions and to clearly articulate them and explain the trade-offs.
- The ability to use functional programming to design simple and elegant solutions
- A collaborative mind-set that enjoys working with others and knowledge sharing to achieve the best results.
- An eagerness to give and receive feedback in an open team atmosphere to better the overall result.
- Experience and/or interest in building web UI applications with strong understanding of system design and components architectural boundaries
- Experience with CSS frameworks.
Any of the following would be an added benefit:
- Practical experience in a functional language, in particular ClojureScript using re-frame for UI development.
- Experience designing and building RESTful APIs.
- Experience using a RDBMS such as Postgres.
- Experience with Front End CI/Dev tooling .
- Exposure to building PWA or mobile apps in React Native
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation, including retirement benefits, and equity in a scaling FinTech firm
- Holistic benefits for you and your family to support your physical and mental health.
- A commitment to growth through continuous feedback and experiences.
- The opportunity to work in close-knit, global teams.
- Flexibility for where you work and purpose for when we come together in person.
A little more about Droit:
We believe in maintaining a diverse, innovative, and inclusive workforce. Our people join us from a variety of backgrounds, and these diverse experiences help fuel our growth and ensure that our clients receive best-in-class products.
As we scale, we continue to commit to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability or Veteran status or any other legally protected characteristics.
For more details on the company, please visit our website.