DriveWealth, the pioneer of fractional equities trading and embedded investing, is a visionary technology company that empowers more than 100 partners around the world to engage their customers by placing the markets in the palm of their hand. We believe the future is fractional, transactional and mobile. Every mobile device should be a gateway to accessing investing and savings products, services, advice, and assistance for global citizens of all ages, wealth stages, and levels of financial expertise. DriveWealth’s unparalleled consultative support and cloud-based, industrial strength technology platform allow partners to seamlessly offer branded investing experiences to drive customer acquisition, loyalty, retention, and revenue growth. DriveWealth’s commitment to continuous evolution and innovation makes it the partner of choice for powering the future of investing.
Completing a Series D raise in 2021, DriveWealth’s mission is to democratize investing globally by working with partners to invent new ways to use its API-based technology to provide emerging investors with cutting-edge embedded experiences, offer first-time access to U.S. markets, and the ability to begin investing with as little as $1. DriveWealth is committed to empowering consumers around the world to become owners by delivering the most modern brokerage infrastructure, unparalleled industry expertise, and a culture of continued evolution.
About the Team:
The Data & Analytics team at DriveWealth creates data products that provide access to relevant data and insights to help customers succeed. We are seeking a Senior Data Engineer to join a growing data platform team within the data & analytics department. Data Engineering focuses on creating, maintaining, and monitoring data pipelines, including ingestion and broader data services, products, and processes used by internal partners and external customers.
The ideal candidate thrives working closely with analytics engineers, product managers, and internal stakeholders to interpret and clarify requirements, architect and build efficient data processing services, and ideate end-to-end data products to help customers achieve their goals. The candidate should be excited about joining a team to shape the direction of data and analytics at DriveWealth. This means balancing competing priorities and laying the groundwork for scale while building top-tier data products.
What You’ll Do:
- Build and maintain data pipelines, including replication, batch, and streaming processes.
- Ensuring consistent, accurate output is delivered quickly through efficient coding with testing and verification.
- Work with data product managers and business partners to ensure requirements can translate into data engineering solutions, anticipating challenges to provide suggestions proactively
- Work to establish an open and scalable data culture through documentation, constructive code reviews, and clear explanations of priorities and pain points.
- Provide thought leadership, best practices on architecture and tooling, and standards for designing and implementing scalable data solutions
- Provide mentorship and guidance to data engineers.
- Work with the broader data & analytics team to ideate, build, and maintain “self-service” data products that enable data and analytics usage (tables, reports, dashboards, and Python notebooks), stepping in to help deliver and provide guidance wherever necessary and possible.
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of experience solving data problems with business partners
- Experience working within larger data team: CI/CD process leveraging GitHub and AGILE development where possible
- Working knowledge of a modern orchestration platform such as DBT, Airflow, etc.
- Fluent in Python, SQL, PySpark, Spark SQL, Databricks, AWS
- Experience with Terraform (AWS, Databricks), Shell Scripting, GIT, Databricks CLI, and other Command Line Tools
- Experience with Agile Software Development, Event Drive Architecture, Customer Facing Data Solutions and information sharing strategies
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent program
- Bonus points for:
- FinTech or stock market experience
- Familiarity with GDPR OR FINRA OR other regulations
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. DriveWealth is unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
Compensation package offerings are based on candidate experience and technical qualifications, as it relates to the role. These are identified and determined throughout your interviewing experience.
Please note: this role is expected to come into our office on a cadence set by the Hiring Manager/Team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
TO ALL AGENCIES: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of DriveWealth outside of the Talent organization. DriveWealth’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via Greenhouse (ATS). Agencies must have a valid services agreement executed and must have been assigned by the Talent team to a specific requisition. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of DriveWealth. In the event a candidate submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment will be paid.