DriveWealth, the pioneer of fractional equities trading and embedded investing, is a visionary technology company that empowers more than 100 partners around the world to engage their customers by placing the markets in the palm of their hand. We believe the future is fractional, transactional and mobile. Every mobile device should be a gateway to accessing investing and savings products, services, advice, and assistance for global citizens of all ages, wealth stages, and levels of financial expertise. DriveWealth’s unparalleled consultative support and cloud-based, industrial strength technology platform allow partners to seamlessly offer branded investing experiences to drive customer acquisition, loyalty, retention, and revenue growth. DriveWealth’s commitment to continuous evolution and innovation makes it the partner of choice for powering the future of investing.
Recently completing a Series D raise, DriveWealth’s mission is to democratize investing globally by working with partners to invent new ways to use its API-based technology to provide emerging investors with cutting-edge embedded experiences, offer first-time access to U.S. markets, and the ability to begin investing with as little as $1. DriveWealth is committed to empowering consumers around the world to become owners by delivering the most modern brokerage infrastructure, unparalleled industry expertise, and a culture of continued evolution.
This engineer will build out API integrations with DriveDigital service providers as well as curate the API integration experience for our own clientele. The proper candidate will have experience building Python-based applications and working in a highly-available and scalable environment. Familiarity with and passion for crypto trading is a must. We seek someone that has an exceptional attention to detail and values simplicity over complexity - both in code and communication. You should be opinionated about what you build and offer constructive criticism on things you didn’t.
- Build and lead a technical team
- Responsible for the technical design and delivery of new crypto product offerings using exciting, cutting-edge technology
- Build and design greenfield, high-throughput web applications
- Construct a crypto API integration experience for our customers that is synergistic across multiple DriveDigital product lines
- Monitor production systems, troubleshoot issues, and assist in fixes
- Collaborate with Product, Finance, Compliance, and other engineering teams in building out a product from the ground up
- 7+ years experience with high-performance Python development
- 3+ years managing a development team
- Expert understanding of RESTful API development
- Experience with Flask and equivalent frameworks
- Familiarity with Python 3 coding standards and best practices for application development
- Experience with Maven
- Command in writing effective unit/integration tests
- Have a firm grasp on relational database design and normalization.
- Experience with a 24x7, highly-available architecture
- Enjoy working with Git version control
- Care about modern best practices, including code reviews, continuous integration and deployment, and iterative development.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and implement them effectively
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Values mentorship, learning, and sharing knowledge
- Can manage a server configuration and deployment setup in a pinch
- Experience building asynchronous Python applications
- Experience with in-memory data stores
- Experience with task queues
- Experience with profiling application performance and implementing performance improvements
- Experience with Docker, CRI-O and various hosting services (AWS, DigitalOcean)
- Experience with Swagger
- Solidity, or other experience working with smart contract languages
- Experience in fin-tech, e-commerce, or analytics companies
- Knowledge of and passion for DeFi platforms
- Experience with cutting edge technologies like Kafka, Confluent, CockroachDB, Aerospike, etc
- Insurance – Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Legal. HSA and FSA options.
- 401k plan
- Equity Stock Options
- Flexible working hours and work from home
- Paid time off and holidays
- Reimbursement for continuing education and conferences
- Snacks and beverages available in the office
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
TO ALL AGENCIES: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of DriveWealth outside of the Talent organization. DriveWealth’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via Greenhouse (ATS). Agencies must have a valid services agreement executed and must have been assigned by the Talent team to a specific requisition. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of DriveWealth. In the event a candidate submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment will be paid.