DriveWealth, the pioneer of fractional equities trading and embedded investing, is a visionary technology company that empowers more than 100 partners around the world to engage their customers by placing the markets in the palm of their hand. We believe the future is fractional, transactional and mobile. Every mobile device should be a gateway to accessing investing and savings products, services, advice, and assistance for global citizens of all ages, wealth stages, and levels of financial expertise. DriveWealth’s unparalleled consultative support and cloud-based, industrial strength technology platform allow partners to seamlessly offer branded investing experiences to drive customer acquisition, loyalty, retention, and revenue growth. DriveWealth’s commitment to continuous evolution and innovation makes it the partner of choice for powering the future of investing.
Recently completing a Series D raise, DriveWealth’s mission is to democratize investing globally by working with partners to invent new ways to use its API-based technology to provide emerging investors with cutting-edge embedded experiences, offer first-time access to U.S. markets, and the ability to begin investing with as little as $1. DriveWealth is committed to empowering consumers around the world to become owners by delivering the most modern brokerage infrastructure, unparalleled industry expertise, and a culture of continued evolution.
About The Role
As Accounting Manager, you’ll own the core accounting processes for the company and work directly for the Corporate Controller on key business projects. By focusing on our team’s accounting infrastructure and partnering with key business units across the organization, you’ll make sure the department is equipped to scale and provide expertise and guidance to support DriveWealth’s growth strategy.
What You'll Do
- Manage our core Accounting team in general accounting, financial operations and systems, and more
- Manage and improve the monthly financial closing process
- Establish, monitor and enforce accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with US GAAP and IFRS accounting standards, timely and effective audit process for US entities
- Collaborate with leadership team and Finance department in AP, AR/Revenue, FinOps, Payroll, Tax, FP&A
- Oversee monthly/quarterly close related activities, including journal entry, balance sheet and P&L reviews, as well as execute the day-to-day bookkeeping, AP and cash flow needs
- Create and review journal entries in the GL along with excellent supporting schedules during the month related to daily activities and month end close
- Manage the external audit processes for annual financial statement audits
- Identify and implement process improvements to enhance the efficiency and accuracy of the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting process
- Ensure timely, accurate financial reporting, statements, processes, and analysis
- Train accountants and senior accountants on various accounting concepts and best practices
What You’ll Need
- 7+ years of progressive accounting experience in fin-techs and large financial corporations
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- CPA certification required
- Strong accounting knowledge, with proven US GAAP and internal controls experience.
- Experience in large ERP accounting software migration (Netsuite plus)
- Proven experience building, developing, mentoring and inspiring a high performing professional accounting team
- Experience in payroll processing / benefits administration utilizing outsourced platforms
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Applicable work experience in a high-pace environment and willingness to have a diverse set of tasks and responsibilities
- Insurance – Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Legal. HSA and FSA options.
- 401k plan
- Equity Stock Options
- Flexible working hours and work from home
- Paid time off and holidays
- Reimbursement for continuing education and conferences
- Snacks and beverages available in the office
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
TO ALL AGENCIES: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of DriveWealth outside of the Talent organization. DriveWealth’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via Greenhouse (ATS). Agencies must have a valid services agreement executed and must have been assigned by the Talent team to a specific requisition. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of DriveWealth. In the event a candidate submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment will be paid.