DriveWealth is an API-driven global brokerage infrastructure platform powering both traditional and innovative investment experiences for more than 90 partners in over 150 countries. DriveWealth’s mission is to reshape the world of retail investing by enabling banks, global brands, and Fin-techs to provide investment access and advice to underbanked and underserved customers that was previously only available to the wealthy.
We are pioneering embedded finance and fractional investing in US equities with a modern and award winning API-driven brokerage infrastructure. We’ve built a patent-pending technology to fractionalize US equities and were the first to receive a license to do so in 2015. DriveWealth makes it as easy to buy Starbucks stock as it is to buy a Starbucks latte.
The Head of Data is responsible for the collection, management, storage, and analysis of data across the organization. The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing and governing our data and information strategy in order to drive business decisions and growth. You will develop data procedures and policies, and work closely with various departments to collect, prepare, organize, protect, and analyze data assets while ensuring that the company exceeds industry best practices. Other duties will include leading interdisciplinary teams, improving and streamlining data systems within the company, and driving innovation.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in data management, leadership, and information technology systems and tools. A strong background in IT, financial services, business, and mathematics is advantageous.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Thorough understanding of the business and data strategy.
- Design and implement data strategies and systems.
- Lead, motivate, and manage technical teams.
- Overseeing the collection, storage, management, quality, and protection of data.
- Serve as the central point of contact for enterprise data management within DriveWealth.
- Design, develop, and implement large, diverse data architectures that will foster innovation and provide the required business insights for DriveWealth and our customers.
- Work with business units, infrastructure services, and application development teams to choose appropriate technology solutions.
- Collaborate with our compliance department to ensure adherence to regulatory obligations as they apply to privacy rules.
- Develop a data management team with the ability to provide real-time data analytics.
- Lead initiatives designed to share knowledge across technology teams.
- At least 5+ years’ experience in a principal data management role with at least 15 years of overall IT or data management experience.
- Expert understanding of implementing distributed data lakes, ETL processes, and data streaming technologies.
- Demonstrated experience with assessment, development, implementation, and optimization across a broad set of data technologies such as spark, python, Kafka, and data warehousing.
- Familiarity with BI and AI tools.
- Understanding of public and private cloud data solutions.
- Intimate understanding of NoSQL and SQL databases as well as flat file structures and managing data dictionaries.
- Strong personality with the will and ability to enforce new policies across the organization, especially at the executive level.
- Experience working with cloud security and governance tools.
- Experience with a 24x7, highly-available architecture.
- Strong communication skills
- 401k plan
- EquityStock Options
- Insurance – Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Legal. HSA and FSA options.
- Flexible working hours and work from home
- Paid time off and holidays
- Reimbursement for continuing education and conferences
- Snacks and beverages available in the office
- Pet-friendly workplace
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
TO ALL AGENCIES: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of DriveWealth outside of the Talent organization. DriveWealth’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via Workable (ATS). Agencies must have a valid services agreement executed and must have been assigned by the Talent team to a specific requisition. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of DriveWealth. In the event a candidate submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment will be paid.