DriveWealth, the pioneer of fractional equities trading and embedded investing, is a visionary technology company that empowers more than 100 partners around the world to engage their customers by placing the markets in the palm of their hand. We believe the future is fractional, transactional and mobile. Every mobile device should be a gateway to accessing investing and savings products, services, advice, and assistance for global citizens of all ages, wealth stages, and levels of financial expertise. DriveWealth’s unparalleled consultative support and cloud-based, industrial strength technology platform allow partners to seamlessly offer branded investing experiences to drive customer acquisition, loyalty, retention, and revenue growth. DriveWealth’s commitment to continuous evolution and innovation makes it the partner of choice for powering the future of investing.
Recently completing a Series D raise, DriveWealth’s mission is to democratize investing globally by working with partners to invent new ways to use its API-based technology to provide emerging investors with cutting-edge embedded experiences, offer first-time access to U.S. markets, and the ability to begin investing with as little as $1. DriveWealth is committed to empowering consumers around the world to become owners by delivering the most modern brokerage infrastructure, unparalleled industry expertise, and a culture of continued evolution.
The SDE will work with our core trading engineering team. The proper candidate will have experience building Java applications and working in a highly-available and scalable environment. We seek someone that has an exceptional attention to detail and values simplicity over complexity - both in code and communication. You should be opinionated about what you build and offer constructive criticism on things you didn’t.
- Responsible for the technical design and delivery of new Java projects using exciting, cutting-edge technology
- Develop enhancements to existing Java applications as well as build new applications from the ground up
- Monitor production systems, troubleshoot issues, and assist in remediation fixes
- Assist in recommending and facilitating future maintenance and enhancements
- Work with the Broker Dealer Operations teams to support and enhance the trading system
- Experience with low latency high throughput distributed systems
- Experience with multithreading and concurrency in Java
- Strong knowledge of Java fundamentals, data structures, and best practices for modern software development
- Must understand how to write effective unit and integration tests
- Experience with a 24x7, highly-available architecture
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of JMS and message brokers such as ActiveMQ
- Experience with NoSQL and SQL database environments
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Multiple years experience in fin tech, e-commerce, or analytics companies
- Insurance – Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Legal. HSA and FSA options.
- 401k plan
- Equity Stock Options
- Flexible working hours and work from home
- Paid time off and holidays
- Reimbursement for continuing education and conferences
- Snacks and beverages available in the office
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
TO ALL AGENCIES: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of DriveWealth outside of the Talent organization. DriveWealth’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via Greenhouse (ATS). Agencies must have a valid services agreement executed and must have been assigned by the Talent team to a specific requisition. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of DriveWealth. In the event a candidate submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment will be paid.