DriveWealth, the pioneer of fractional equities trading and embedded investing, is a visionary technology company that empowers more than 100 partners around the world to engage their customers by placing the markets in the palm of their hand. We believe the future is fractional, transactional and mobile. Every mobile device should be a gateway to accessing investing and savings products, services, advice, and assistance for global citizens of all ages, wealth stages, and levels of financial expertise. DriveWealth’s unparalleled consultative support and cloud-based, industrial strength technology platform allow partners to seamlessly offer branded investing experiences to drive customer acquisition, loyalty, retention, and revenue growth. DriveWealth’s commitment to continuous evolution and innovation makes it the partner of choice for powering the future of investing.
Recently completing a Series D raise, DriveWealth’s mission is to democratize investing globally by working with partners to invent new ways to use its API-based technology to provide emerging investors with cutting-edge embedded experiences, offer first-time access to U.S. markets, and the ability to begin investing with as little as $1. DriveWealth is committed to empowering consumers around the world to become owners by delivering the most modern brokerage infrastructure, unparalleled industry expertise, and a culture of continued evolution.
As a Data Engineer you will be part of the Core Data Engineering team driving the change and technical innovation to build big data cloud applications supporting reporting, analytics, AI and machine learning. We look for self-starters who thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment being able to change direction quickly, and showing an eagerness to learn new technologies as the need arises. This position requires hands-on coding & strong development background. In this role you will join the exciting DriveWealth team working on the latest Big Data technologies (Spark, AWS stack, EMR, Glue, DynamoDB) to lay out the application framework and infrastructure foundation using your Python programming & Big Data processing skills.
THINGS YOU'LL DO:
- Build Robust data pipelines primarily using Pyspark and other Big Data technologies.
- Automate routine data analysis reporting and presentation generation with Python
- Develop automation code (Python Scripts) to create and configure infrastructure resource monitoring needed to run applications.
- Help design the best Data Lake platform to support the capacity and performance requirements.
- Design and implement data processing and machine learning pipelines.
- Performance tuning of Spark jobs.
- Create an end to end fully automated analytics production flow. From Data ingestion to data and analytics ready to be consumed by customer facing API.
- Support the team to ensure all committed stories for the sprint are completed per the sprint goal
EXPERIENCE YOU NEED:
- 3+ years of experience in Data Engineering with Apacha Spark/PySpark.
- 5+ years of experience with services like S3, EMR, Kinesis, Glue, Athena, Glue, DynamoDB, Lambda, github, jenkins.
- 5+ years of experience in Python (analysis, application development, or scripting) with Python libraries: Sci-kit, Pandas, Numpy, Matplotlib, PyTorch, etc.
- Excellent understanding of BigData concepts and at-least one RDBMS.
- Proficient with SQL, BI & data visualization techniques
- Detail oriented – demonstrate thoroughness and strong ownership of your work
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science preferred.
Special Knowledge (nice To Have, But Not Required)
- Experience working in the finance industry, understanding of stock trading workflow/architecture.
- Insurance – Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Legal. HSA and FSA options.
- 401k plan
- Equity Stock Options
- Flexible working hours and work from home
- Paid time off and holidays
- Reimbursement for continuing education and conferences
- Snacks and beverages available in the office
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
TO ALL AGENCIES: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of DriveWealth outside of the Talent organization. DriveWealth’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via Greenhouse (ATS). Agencies must have a valid services agreement executed and must have been assigned by the Talent team to a specific requisition. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of DriveWealth. In the event a candidate submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment will be paid.