Canvas was created to serve the ever-changing needs of the modern driver. We know car ownership can be complicated, so we’re working on creative solutions to alleviate many of the hassles associated with the traditional ways of getting a car. At Canvas, we have the DNA of a startup with the backing and expertise of the global Ford brand. As we look to grow our team, we’re looking for individuals who are resourceful, energetic, and up for the challenge of making cars easy.
When we aren’t hard at work, we’re outside soaking up the sunshine, volunteering for a local cause, or celebrating a birthday over some treats. Our team is proud of what we’re building here as we strive to achieve our goals and evolve our company, together.
Canvas is looking for a Frontend Engineer to help build out our subscription platform web experience. We are looking for talented candidates who are passionate about the end user; You sweat the details and care deeply about everything that influences the user experience, whether it be design, code quality, or cross-browser performance. As a Frontend Engineer, you will play an integral role in helping us execute upon our mission of redefining car ownership.
If you’re interested in joining our stellar team of problem solvers, we want to hear from you!
You'll Work On...
- Conceptualizing new features with engineers, product managers, and designers
- Collaborating with engineers, both on the frontend and backend, when making architectural decisions
- Learning about new web technologies and discuss potential solutions to problems
- Leaving the code in a better state than you found it
- Mentoring other engineers by participating in code reviews
- Triaging bugs and troubleshoot production issues
- Experience with advanced JS concepts including synchronous/asynchronous programming, closures and ES6
- Experience working with MVC frameworks such as Ember.js, React, AngularJS, etc.
- A willingness to work on an Ember.js app
- Some server-side experience (Ruby, Python, Java, etc.)
- A comfortability working with RESTful APIs
- A comfortability writing client-side and as server-side tests (automated QA)
- A Comfortability working with Bash, Vagrant, Docker, SQL, and other developer tools and technologies
- A strong UX and design background. You care about the user and their perception of our product
- You are a strong communicator, have a positive attitude, and are empathetic
- The desire to work effectively as part of a team
- A willingness to work independently, alongside a team, or potentially lead a team, depending on business needs
Why You’ll Enjoy Working At Canvas...
- Opportunity to work in the automotive and mobility space during a time of growth post product launch
- Entrepreneurial environment with a tight-knit and collaborative culture
- Matching 401k program
- Full health benefits, including medical, vision and dental
- Catered lunches daily
- Commuter benefits
- Gym subsidy
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Creative office space
- Employee discount on product
- $125,000 - $175,000
Canvas is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Canvas does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.