Canvas was created to serve the ever-changing needs of the modern driver. We know car ownership can be complicated, so we’re working on creative solutions to alleviate many of the hassles associated with the traditional ways of getting a car. At Canvas, we have the DNA of a startup with the backing and expertise of the global Ford brand. As we look to grow our team, we’re looking for individuals who are resourceful, energetic, and up for the challenge of making cars easy.
When we aren’t hard at work, we’re outside soaking up the sunshine, volunteering for a local cause, or celebrating a birthday over some treats. Our team is proud of what we’re building here as we strive to achieve our goals and evolve our company, together.
Canvas is seeking a Product Designer with a proven record for designing meaningful products that delight users and deliver tangible value. You will work closely with other designers, product managers, engineers and executives to create engaging, technically feasible designs that reflect business requirements and support user needs. Qualified candidates will value validation of their designs as much as they value exploring concepts. We are looking for someone with an incredible eye for detail, UX heuristics, and user-centered strategies.
As a Product Designer on the team, you will be working in multiple capacities from brainstorming product innovations to tweaking pixels before launch. Like the rest of the design team, you’ll not only be in charge of turning broad concepts into great experiences, but you will play a major role as leader and mentor to the other designers.
This role offers a unique opportunity to work in a fast-paced, startup environment with the backing of one of the largest brands in the world - Ford.
- Work through design problems from beginning to end, translating insights from research and analytics into concepts that form new features, and designing the detailed copy, interactions, and visuals required to make them a reality.
- Heavily collaborate with a design team to raise the quality bar of Canvas design processes, principles, and tooling.
- Work closely with product managers, engineering, analytics, and marketing to achieve Canvas’ vision.
- Experience designing digital products and systems, not just websites.
- Helped ship products that solve real problems, and that people use.
- Deep knowledge in mobile design: iOS primarily, Android is a plus.
- Appreciation for the entire product development process, from problem definition, through to interaction design, detailed UI, and marketing announcements.
- Strong communication skills and proven ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- A growth mindset. You’re willing to own problems, you’re comfortable with ambiguity, and you have the desire to make things better.
- A balanced sense of optimism and humility.
Bonus points if...
- You have experiences with Service Design.
- You have experience working in a startup.
- You want to write about, present, and share what you’re learning, both internally and with the wider community via our blog, and events.
Please include these in your application...
- Your Resume or CV
- Your LinkedIn profile
- Your portfolio
Why you’ll enjoy working at Canvas…
- Opportunity to work in the automotive and mobility space during a time of growth post product launch
- An entrepreneurial environment with a tight-knit and collaborative culture
- Full health benefits, including medical, vision and dental
- Matching 401k
- Catered lunches daily
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Commuter benefits
- Gym subsidy
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Creative office space
- Employee discount on product
- $125,000 - $135,000
Canvas is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Canvas does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.