Canvas was created to serve the ever-changing needs of the modern driver. We know car ownership can be complicated, so we’re working on creative solutions to alleviate many of the hassles associated with the traditional ways of getting a car. At Canvas, we have the DNA of a startup with the backing and expertise of the global Ford brand. As we look to grow our team, we’re looking for individuals who are resourceful, energetic, and up for the challenge of making cars easy.
When we aren’t hard at work, we’re outside soaking up the sunshine, volunteering for a local cause, or celebrating a birthday over some treats. Our team is proud of what we’re building here as we strive to achieve our goals and evolve our company, together.This role offers a unique opportunity to work in a fast-paced, startup environment with the backing of one of the largest brands in the world - Ford.
Canvas is looking for a Senior UX Researcher to help our team as we work toward making car ownership simple, flexible, and affordable. As our inaugural researcher, you will lead our research efforts and work side-by-side with product managers, designers, and marketing specialists. We are looking for a self-starter who is excited about shaping the world of mobility.
- Be our first researcher. We expect you to build and lead this team in the future. But, in the beginning, you will need to be very hands on.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Product, Design, and CS teams very closely in order to positively challenge assumptions, prioritize them, unpick ambiguous contexts & define problems to solve.
- Сonduct end-to-end user research studies; planning, recruitment, execution, analysis, and delivery.
- Manage and own the knowledge base for all of Canvas’s research. Communicate research insights in creative and effective ways among partners.
- Established expertise in a wide variety of research methodologies and the ability to apply them on problems of different size & scope.
- Previously led research projects from beginning to end (including ideation, brainstorming, prototyping, feedback cycles, and launching products).
- The ability to scale yourself by building best-in-class qualitative research programs, platforms, and toolkits that empower everyone at the company to connect to our users.
- Knowledge of the ins and outs of different testing tools (e.g., SurveyMonkey, Delighted, Harris Survey).
Bonus points if…
- 2+ years experience in a related field.
- You’ve worked cross-organizationally at a fast-growing company and understand how research needs to move to stay ahead of the curve.
Why you’ll enjoy working at Canvas…
- Opportunity to work in the automotive and mobility space during a time of growth post product launch
- An entrepreneurial environment with a tight-knit and collaborative culture
- Full health benefits, including medical, vision and dental
- Matching 401k
- Catered lunches daily
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Commuter benefits
- Gym subsidy Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Creative office space
- Employee discount on product
- $120,000 - $140,000
Canvas is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Canvas does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.