Canvas was created to serve the ever-changing needs of the modern driver. We know car ownership can be complicated, so we’re working on creative solutions to alleviate many of the hassles associated with the traditional ways of getting a car. At Canvas, we have the DNA of a startup with the backing and expertise of the global Ford brand. As we look to grow our team, we’re looking for individuals who are resourceful, energetic, and up for the challenge of making cars easy.
When we aren’t hard at work, we’re outside soaking up the sunshine, volunteering for a local cause, or celebrating a birthday over some treats. Our team is proud of what we’re building here as we strive to achieve our goals and evolve our company, together.
As the first dedicated Data Engineer at Canvas, you will work closely with Data Scientists to model and prepare data for analysis, reporting, and machine learning. You will also work closely with the Engineering Team to help spec and implement event tracking and design data infrastructure in a scalable and efficient way. You will be the liaison and advocate for Analytics to Engineering, someone who can speak the common languages of both worlds.
This role offers a unique opportunity to work in a fast-paced, startup environment with the backing of one of the largest brands in the world - Ford.
- Own our implementation of the Airflow job scheduling system
- Write SQL and Python scripts to effectively model data for machine learning and reporting purposes
- Collaborate with product, engineering and data teams to keep the data infrastructure up to date with customer growth and new product features
- Help define tracking and storage requirements
- Implement dbt (data build tool)
- 3+ years experience as a data engineer or related experience
- Expert knowledge in SQL and Python, deep experience managing relational databases
- Expert knowledge of data architecture and data modeling
- Designed, built, and maintained ETL pipelines leveraging AWS or other cloud resources
- Worked with an analytics or data science team and been exposed to statistics, analysis and machine learning
Bonus points if you have...
- Experience with Airflow and/or dbt
- Integration experience with RESTfull APIs
- Experience writing backend code especially in Ruby
Why you’ll enjoy working at Canvas…
- Opportunity to work in the automotive and mobility space during a time of growth post product launch
- An entrepreneurial environment with a tight-knit and collaborative culture
- Full health benefits, including medical, vision and dental
- Matching 401k
- Catered lunches daily
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Commuter benefits
- Gym subsidy
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Creative office space
- Employee discount on product
- $125,000 - $175,000
Canvas is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Canvas does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.