Canvas was created to serve the ever-changing needs of the modern driver. We know car ownership can be complicated, so we’re working on creative solutions to alleviate many of the hassles associated with the traditional ways of getting a car. At Canvas, we have the DNA of a startup with the backing and expertise of the global Ford brand. As we look to grow our team, we’re looking for individuals who are resourceful, energetic, and up for the challenge of making cars easy.
When we aren’t hard at work, we’re outside soaking up the sunshine, volunteering for a local cause, or celebrating a birthday over some treats. Our team is proud of what we’re building here as we strive to achieve our goals and evolve our company, together.
Canvas is seeking a Growth Analyst to support our Growth Team as the go-to resource for all things strategy and execution. You will be a part of the broader effort to understand our customers, optimize digital ad campaigns, construct smart tests, iterate and learn, and optimize to grow our customer base.
Data is your best friend, and you should love sifting through it to find valuable insights that you can distill down into beautiful charts and visualizations, or at least something digestible. You know your way around a variety of visualization tools like Google Analytics or Mixpanel, and BI tools like Chartio, Mode, or Tableau. You’re also experienced in analyzing marketing campaigns from paid channels (Facebook, Google) to organic growth (content marketing, PR, SEO) to assist with day-to-day campaign optimization.
Though you’ll be on the Growth team, you’ll work collaboratively with other key stakeholders across Product and Analytics to share insights, ensure web and event tracking are set up for success, and execute cross-team projects.
This role is an essential part of the Growth team, and your work will be reviewed and used by everyone from the Head of Marketing, to the CEO, to the Head of Product & Engineering - it’s a great opportunity to drive significant impact at a fast-growing company.
This role offers a unique opportunity to work in a fast-paced, startup environment with the backing of one of the largest brands in the world - Ford.
- Serve as the core member of the Growth team in surfacing insights and analyses around customer behavior, paid & organic acquisition, and testing to help the team make data-driven decisions that lead to the most impactful growth
- Work with the Product team to ensure our tracking and events frameworks, and database data is capturing what we need and can be surfaced and connected in a way that gives us unique insight into customer behavior
- Evaluate campaign performance (organic and paid) across a variety of channels to help optimize campaigns
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data from surveys and customer research
- Own our Google Analytics and other data visualization tool implementation with the Growth Marketing Manager & Product team
- Work collaboratively with our Analytics team and Growth Marketing Manager to develop attribution strategies and better define CAC, LTV, and other core metrics for evaluating the performance
- Create growth models to help determine which levers the Product & Growth teams should be pulling to best drive bottom-line growth
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses on web optimization tests and other channels, as needed
- 1-2 years of experience as an analyst, preferably in a product or marketing capacity
- Experience using SQL, Excel, and analytics tools to gather and analyze data to inform strategies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to distill complex information into a digestible format
- A detail-oriented mindset: you are able to balance intense attention to detail with swift execution
- Experience with Google Analytics, Mixpanel, or other data visualization tools
- Experience with A/B testing tools and other web optimization tools like Optimizely, a plus
- Bachelor’s degree (marketing analytics, economics, engineering, statistics, etc.)
Why you’ll enjoy working at Canvas…
- Opportunity to work in the automotive and mobility space during a time of growth post product launch
- An entrepreneurial environment with a tight-knit and collaborative culture
- Full health benefits, including medical, vision and dental
- Matching 401k
- Catered lunches daily
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Commuter benefits
- Gym subsidy
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Creative office space
- Employee discount on product
- $70,000 - $90,000
Canvas is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Canvas does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.