Canvas was created to serve the ever-changing needs of the modern driver. We know car ownership can be complicated, so we’re working on creative solutions to alleviate many of the hassles associated with the traditional ways of getting a car. At Canvas, we have the DNA of a startup with the backing and expertise of the global Ford brand. As we look to grow our team, we’re looking for individuals who are resourceful, energetic, and up for the challenge of making cars easy.
When we aren’t hard at work, we’re outside soaking up the sunshine, volunteering for a local cause, or celebrating a birthday over some treats. Our team is proud of what we’re building here as we strive to achieve our goals and evolve our company, together.
Canvas is looking for a Pricing and Revenue expert to design and execute pricing models and own the overall pricing strategy for our unique vehicle subscription model. To successfully execute these models and strategies, you will be responsible for working with leaders across various functions (product, finance, growth, customer service, and strategy) to balance each team’s needs.
You will develop a deep understanding of all the factors that influence prices, including overall corporate strategy, costs (e.g., vehicle acquisition costs vs. disposition revenue, variable operating costs, etc.), market demand, and the competitive landscape. You will have the opportunity to combine established industry best practices with innovative new pricing methods.
As part of Canvas’ Strategy & Finance team, you will be working alongside senior leadership and will be involved in executive-level discussions and decisions while playing a key part in shaping the company’s future. Over time, you will have the opportunity to build-out our pricing team.
This role offers a unique opportunity to work in a fast-paced, startup environment with the backing of one of the largest brands in the world - Ford.
- Own all price modeling and strategy end-to-end, including initial price setting, pricing incentives, and margin assessment
- Perform complex quantitative analyses to evaluate and understand risk/reward of various pricing scenarios, target margins in the near and far, and the interplay between residual values and pricing risk
- Work to ensure pricing decisions balance customer needs, financial objectives, growth, corporate strategy, and product requirements
- Deliver ongoing pricing recommendations to senior management that are backed by logically reasoned, data-driven approaches
- Develop tests, surveys and the like in order to evaluate and verify pricing changes
- Own the evaluation of pricing risk, including developing a deep understanding of how residual value assumptions impact pricing decisions
- Develop recommendations on upfront vehicle purchasing to influence underlying fleet composition and associated pricing levels
- Work with our Analytics team to identify and implement improvements in data infrastructure and reporting that will support more sophisticated pricing decisions
- Engage with our BizOps team to understand the interrelationship between pricing and overall corporate strategy, product attributes, demand, margin requirements, and price elasticity
- Stay up-to-date on all industry trends, competitors’ pricing strategies, and wholesale vehicle pricing trends
- 5+ years experience in an analytic capacity in fields such as management consulting, investment banking, corporate strategy and/or corporate finance
- Experience building and maintaining pricing strategies and models with successful implementation
- Excellent analytical, project management (must be highly detail oriented), and organizational skills with the ability to make sound business judgments
- The ability to own projects independently from end-to-end, communicating updates and outcomes effectively to senior management
Bonus points if you have…
- Automotive and/or general transportation experience
Why you’ll enjoy working at Canvas…
- Opportunity to work in the automotive and mobility space during a time of growth post product launch
- An entrepreneurial environment with a tight-knit and collaborative culture
- Full health benefits, including medical, vision and dental
- Matching 401k
- Catered lunches daily
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Commuter benefits
- Gym subsidy
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Creative office space
- $160,000 - $190,000
Canvas is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Canvas does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.