Canvas was created to serve the ever-changing needs of the modern driver. We know car ownership can be complicated, so we’re working on creative solutions to alleviate many of the hassles associated with the traditional ways of getting a car. At Canvas, we have the DNA of a startup with the backing and expertise of the global Ford brand. As we look to grow our team, we’re looking for individuals who are resourceful, energetic, and up for the challenge of making cars easy.
When we aren’t hard at work, we’re outside soaking up the sunshine, volunteering for a local cause, or celebrating a birthday over some treats. Our team is proud of what we’re building here as we strive to achieve our goals and evolve our company, together.
Canvas is looking for a QA Engineer to help build out our car subscription platform. You sweat the details and care deeply about everything from code quality, and backend application performance down to the end-user experience. As a QA Engineer, you will play an integral role in helping us execute upon our mission of redefining car ownership.
This role offers a unique opportunity to work in a fast-paced, startup environment with the backing of one of the largest brands in the world - Ford.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well structured test plans and test cases
- Define test strategies
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities
- Design and implement a testing automation strategy
- Implement a regression testing framework
- Manually test features
- Identify, document, and track bugs
- Identify tools and infrastructure needs
- Define and track quality assurance metrics for feature areas
- A bachelor’s or equivalent in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years of experience testing mobile, web, or API endpoints.
- A natural curiosity and the ability to break software
- Knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience writing clear and concise test plans and test cases
- Experience with automated testing tools
- Great communication skills
Bonus points if you have...
- Experience in Rails, Ember, or Swift
- Experience with performance and/or security testing
- A sense of humor and the ability to not take yourself too seriously
- Creative and innovative thinking
Why you’ll enjoy working at Canvas…
- Opportunity to work in the automotive and mobility space during a time of growth post product launch
- An entrepreneurial environment with a tight-knit and collaborative culture
- Full health benefits, including medical, vision and dental
- Matching 401k
- Catered lunches daily
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Commuter benefits
- Gym subsidy
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Creative office space
- Employee discount on product
- $100,000 - $175,000
Canvas is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Canvas does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.