Canvas was created to serve the ever-changing needs of the modern driver. We know car ownership can be complicated, so we’re working on creative solutions to alleviate many of the hassles associated with the traditional ways of getting a car. At Canvas, we have the DNA of a startup with the backing and expertise of the global Ford brand. As we look to grow our team, we’re looking for individuals who are resourceful, energetic, and up for the challenge of making cars easy.
When we aren’t hard at work, we’re outside soaking up the sunshine, volunteering for a local cause, or celebrating a birthday over some treats. Our team is proud of what we’re building here as we strive to achieve our goals and evolve our company, together.
We are seeking a Strategic Account Executive who will have two primary goals: building our D.C. Area network by selling Canvas to prospect dealer partners and maintaining and growing long-term relationships with dealer partners.
Using strong consultative selling skills, you will balance contacting warm inbound leads and driving self-sourced leads for your pipeline, while also partnering closely with internal stakeholders to achieve individual and team sales goals.
This role provides a great opportunity to own a segment of a growing marketplace and work for a startup nested under one of the largest companies in the world (Ford). This role will report to the Head of Operations.
- Launch the San Francisco Bay Area market by signing up dealer partners
- Identify potential dealer partners in the marketplace
- Organize and orchestrate all administrative activities related to closing a dealer partner
- Manage our sales cycles and clearly execute a deal strategy that allows other company resources to easily engage and align in the process
- Formulate the strategic sales plan for your market, prospecting your assigned territory for new customers while focusing on franchised dealer groups via cold-calls, inbound lead follow-up and existing relationships
- Be a power user of our sales tools, ensuring proper documentation, execution and accurate forecasting
- Provide training to dealer partners to ensure a positive experience for both dealer partners and Canvas customers
- Negotiate partner terms the build long-term partnerships for Canvas
- Remain current with product updates, digital marketing and our unique value proposition in the marketplace
- Conduct nurturing touch points with dealer partners throughout the year
- Gather and distill feedback to drive product improvements and recommend product enhancements
- Travel daily within 80-mile radius of home
- 3+ years of outside sales experience in a closing role
- A proven track record carrying a quota
- The desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of the automotive industry
- A great driving record
- Experience with CRM products like Salesforce
- Experience with common business software such as Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- The ability to work independently and make autonomous decisions
Why you’ll enjoy working at Canvas…
- Opportunity to work in the in the automotive and mobility space during a time of growth post product launch
- An entrepreneurial environment with a tight-knit and collaborative culture
- Matching 401k program
- Full health benefits, including medical, vision and dental
- Lunch reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Gym subsidy
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Company laptop
- Company car
Salary: $60,000 - $80,000 + commission
Canvas is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Canvas does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.