Canvas was created to serve the ever-changing needs of the modern driver. We know car ownership can be complicated, so we’re working on creative solutions to alleviate many of the hassles associated with the traditional ways of getting a car. At Canvas, we have the DNA of a startup with the backing and expertise of the global Ford brand. As we look to grow our team, we’re looking for individuals who are resourceful, energetic, and up for the challenge of making cars easy.
When we aren’t hard at work, we’re outside soaking up the sunshine on our roof, volunteering for a local cause, or celebrating a birthday over some treats. Our team is proud of what we’re building here as we strive to achieve our goals and evolve our company, together.
We are seeking a business development leader to build Canvas partnerships with businesses whose incentives are aligned with Canvas, with the goal of growing Canvas customers through these relationships.
As a member of the Canvas team, you’ll report directly to the Head of Marketing. This role offers the opportunity to grow Canvas’ customer base significantly by forming our first demand-side partnerships. This is an opportunity to formulate and execute a strategy for business development from the ground up, with the resources of a big company and the innovation of a start-up.
- Envision new business opportunities, and identify the most promising ones for customer growth by applying both creative and analytical lenses.
- Build a pipeline of potential partnerships and initiate contact and negotiations with decision makers within those companies.
- Develop business and strategic cases for ‘first-of-their-kind’ partnership opportunities and drive consensus among decision-makers at Canvas.
- Own deals from start-to-finish, as well as the ongoing relationships. With success comes the opportunity to grow your team.
- Represent Canvas effectively in external meetings. Influence key decision makers at all levels within potential partners, from front-line teams to top executives.
- Collect insights from external activities and sharing with the leadership team to build internal expertise and alignment.
- Develop meaningful, long-term external relationships with key partners.
- 7+ years of business development experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Strategic thinker who can identify and prioritize opportunities among a wide field of potential wins
- Experience selling a new service in to large companies in an adjacent industry
- Impeccable and compelling presentation skills; “owns the room”
- Results-oriented mindset with a track record of success
- Self-starter who has built a business development function from the ground up in a previous role
- Relationship builder who intuitively knows how to gain trust of business owners and colleagues
- Hungry and hardworking individual contributor
- Open to new ideas and methods of working, and great at receiving feedback
- Previous experience in a role where compensation is largely based on success
Bonus points if…
- You have experience selling to large company human resources departments
Why you’ll enjoy working at Canvas...
- Opportunity to work in the automotive and mobility space during a time of growth post product launch
- Entrepreneurial environment with a tight-knit and collaborative culture
- Matching 401k program
- Full health benefits, including medical, vision and dental
- Catered lunches daily
- Commuter benefits
- Gym subsidy
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Creative office space
- Employee discount on product
- $115,000-$130,000 base + up to $75,000 performance-based bonus
Canvas is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Canvas does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.