Canvas was created to serve the ever-changing needs of the modern driver. We know car ownership can be complicated, so we’re working on creative solutions to alleviate many of the hassles associated with the traditional ways of getting a car. At Canvas, we have the DNA of a startup with the backing and expertise of the global Ford brand. As we look to grow our team, we’re looking for individuals who are resourceful, energetic, and up for the challenge of making cars easy.
When we aren’t hard at work, we’re outside soaking up the sunshine on our roof, volunteering for a local cause, or celebrating a birthday over some treats. Our team is proud of what we’re building here as we strive to achieve our goals and evolve our company, together.
We are seeking a Lifecycle Marketing Manager who will both grow and retain Canvas customers by building a best-in-class email marketing strategy.
You’ll partner closely with the marketing, operations and product teams. Canvas has an ambitious plan for geographical expansion in 2019, and you will be critical in ensuring that market rollouts are strategic and seamlessly executed. This will be a high visibility role within the company and this person will interact frequently with many other stakeholders. The ideal candidate will be both an excellent project manager and a marketing jack-of-all-trades who has working knowledge of marketing channels and strategies.
- Build out Canvas’s email marketing strategy from scratch, in tandem with Director of Growth Marketing and Marketing Manager, Brand & Content
- Develop new strategies for increasing qualified email leads
- Oversee the execution of email to drive acquisition, accelerate prospects through each stage of the conversion funnel, improve subscriber retention and reduce churn
- Execute on all facets of email marketing including transactional, acquisition, onboarding, drip, content promotion, and reactivation campaigns
- Optimize messaging throughout the customer and sales lifecycle through a test and learn approach
- Define key metrics for the email channel, and in concert with analytics team developing reporting that ties email marketing back to broader company goals
- Share insights about email performance to inform product and marketing decisions.
- Establish email best practices around list health, send frequency, deliverability, database management, and engagement
- 3+ years email marketing experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent written communication skills, and a creative approach to communicating the value of a complex product
- Working knowledge of campaign strategy/development, messaging, customer segmentation, lifecycle optimization, deliverability, list building, data integrity, profile/preference management, legal compliance, mobile optimization, and A/B testing
- Experience with Autopilot and Litmus a plus
- Basic HTML skill set a plus
Why you’ll enjoy working at Canvas...
- Opportunity to work in the automotive and mobility space during a time of growth post product launch
- An entrepreneurial environment with a tight-knit and collaborative culture
- Full health benefits, including medical, vision and dental
- Matching 401k
- Catered lunches daily
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Commuter benefits
- Gym subsidy
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Creative office space
- Employee discount on product
Canvas is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Canvas does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.