Canvas was created to serve the ever-changing needs of the modern driver. We know car ownership can be complicated, so we’re working on creative solutions to alleviate many of the hassles associated with the traditional ways of getting a car. At Canvas, we have the DNA of a startup with the backing and expertise of the global Ford brand. As we look to grow our team, we’re looking for individuals who are resourceful, energetic, and up for the challenge of making cars easy.
When we aren’t hard at work, we’re outside soaking up the sunshine, volunteering for a local cause, or celebrating a birthday over some treats. Our team is proud of what we’re building here as we strive to achieve our goals and evolve our company, together.
We are seeking Fleet Manager to oversee our active fleet of vehicles. The role involves developing and nurturing relationships with 3rd party vendors and helping scale our fleet management capabilities. You are responsible for maintaining vehicle registration, reassignment of tickets & tolls, ensuring regularly scheduled maintenance is performed, resolving open recalls and managing our insurance program.
As a member of the Canvas team, you’ll report to the Director of Operations. This role will provide a great opportunity to gain experience in a fast-moving environment and offers the unique opportunity to work for a startup nested under one of the largest companies in the world (Ford).
- Manage third party relationships with insurance and maintenance vendors
- Hold vendors accountable to SLAs and cycle time goals
- Identify partners and develop relationships to support vehicle issues across multiple markets
- Own fleet related real-time decisions, oversee billing authorization and invoice reconciliation
- Oversee day-to-day activities for vehicle registration, tickets & tolls and documentation management
- Track metrics and key performance indicators to ensure performance goals are achieved
- Maintain reports, dashboards, and metrics to monitor performance
- Been doing this a while. You have 3 - 5 years of relevant experience
- Automotive and management experience
- Experience managing third party vendor relationships and understand when to let things go & when to hold them accountable for mistakes
- Strong organizational skills. You pay incredible attention to detail and can manage multiple priorities
- A self-starter attitude. You’re skilled at creating thorough clear and scalable processes
- Are highly productive with limited oversight on a day-to-day basis. This role is intended for somebody who will take meaningful responsibility and initiative
- A startup mentality - scrappy, creative, and constantly iterating to be best-in-class
Why you’ll enjoy working at Canvas…
- Opportunity to work in the automotive and mobility space during a time of growth post product launch
- An entrepreneurial environment with a tight-knit and collaborative culture
- Full health benefits, including medical, vision and dental
- Matching 401k
- Catered lunches daily
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Commuter benefits
- Gym subsidy
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Creative office space
- Employee discount on product
- $85,000 - $100,000
Canvas is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Canvas does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.