Canvas was created to serve the ever-changing needs of the modern driver. We know car ownership can be complicated, so we’re working on creative solutions to alleviate many of the hassles associated with the traditional ways of getting a car. At Canvas, we have the DNA of a startup with the backing and expertise of the global Ford brand. As we look to grow our team, we’re looking for individuals who are resourceful, energetic, and up for the challenge of making cars easy.
When we aren’t hard at work, we’re outside soaking up the sunshine on our roof, volunteering for a local cause, or celebrating a birthday over some treats. Our team is proud of what we’re building here as we strive to achieve our goals and evolve our company, together.
We are seeking a public relations and communications manager who will own external media relations and messaging on behalf of Canvas.
You’ll report directly to the Head of Marketing, who has a Communications background and a passion for the PR industry. This will be Canvas’s first in-house PR leader. Earned media to-date has proven that press can move the needle on consumer growth and the team is looking to increase the volume and quality of coverage. This role offers the opportunity to launch Canvas in new geographies, and build the profile of a young company in a hot space.
- Develop and execute strategic communications plans aimed at building awareness and preference for Canvas as an alternative to leasing or buying a vehicle
- Write creative pitches, talking points and messaging to further Canvas’ value proposition to media, and increase message pull-through
- Build relationships on behalf of Canvas with key industry, regional and national media
- React quickly and diligently to inbound media requests, partnering with Ford Motor Company’s PR team as necessary
- Buildregional brand awareness with a successful and repeatable market launch media relations strategy
- Track and reporting on PR results at the team level
- Manage external PR agency partner(s) and providing them with the support they need to be successful
- Creating a thought leadership program for executive leadership and pursuing strategic awards and speaking opportunities
- Partnering with Ford Motor Company and Ford Motor Credit Company PR teams to ensure messaging consistency
- Staying abreast of Communications best practices and implementing a “best in class” communications function within Canvas
- 4-7 years PR experience, preferably both in-house and agency
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience focusing on consumer technology and strong relationships with tech, business and consumer media
- Track record of media relations success
- Superb writing and editing skills
- Thorough attention to detail
Why you’ll enjoy working at Canvas...
- Opportunity to work in the in the automotive and mobility space during a time of growth post product launch
- An entrepreneurial environment with a tight-knit and collaborative culture
- Full health benefits, including medical, vision and dental
- Matching 401k
- Catered lunches daily
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Commuter benefits
- Gym subsidy
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Creative office space
- Employee discount on product
Canvas is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Canvas does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.