Canvas is seeking a product design manager with a record of successfully leading a design team to move and craft of digital products, services, and experiences.
Candidates must be able to function successfully in a fast-paced work environment and act as an extraordinary leader who can help us transform vision and strategy into actions and work distribution. You deal well with ambiguity and have the ability to connect tasks to goals. You’ll also of course have an incredible eye for detail, UX heuristics and user centered strategies.
- You understand how to represent the design team effectively, articulate the work and rationale behind them and be an advocate for the user.
- You’ll help develop the current team of designers. You’ll need to set clear goals, manage workloads and allocate the teams resources in an effective way.
- You’ll take the lead in building relationships across team members as well as the organization. This will include speaking to design goals and process to major stakeholders and management teams.
- You will carry forward the team’s UX/UI/visual execution and try new ideas. Be open and able to explore divergent concepts with the team while also adhering to constraints and deadlines.
- You’ll accelerate the team’s process and efficiencies by improving all workflows and task allocations across projects.
- Be a participant in the vision of product strategy through understanding the problem landscape as well as all the challenges that the product is facing. Solve them with the team through executing strategy work as well as a high level of polish.
- You have 5-10 years of UX/UI/HCI/product design experience
- You have 3-5+ years of applied design UX/UI/HCI/product design management experience
- Previous experience with managing a product design team
- Experience in leading design-forward workshops, brainstorming sessions, and creative activities
- Ability to think big and understand complex feature sets
- Strong information design experience with a solid foundation in UX design research and heuristics
- Experience recruiting, hiring, and retaining multi-disciplinary design teams
- Deep knowledge and applied experience in graphic design (layout, typography, color)
- Applied experience with design tools: Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Applied experience with prototyping tools: Framer, Principle, Origami, HTML/CSS/JS
- Strong understanding of design systems and front-end architecture
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work well on an ego-free, highly collaborative, and cross-functional team
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
Candidates must be prepared with a portfolio that demonstrates their knowledge in design best practices as well as strategic plans for their team to execute and solve problems.
- Opportunity to work in the automotive and mobility space during a time of growth post product launch
- Entrepreneurial environment with a tight-knit and collaborative culture
- Matching 401k program
- Full health benefits, including medical, vision and dental
- Catered lunches
- Commuter benefits
- Gym subsidy
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Creative office space
- Employee discount on product
- $140,000 - $200,000
Canvas is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Canvas does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.